Coolant replacement 2011 kizashi AWD

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Rajiv85

Hi

Today I realized coolant is low in reservoir. When I peeped inside I sort of saw the blue coolant somewhat dark.

My question is can I just drain the coolant from the hole at the bottom to empty the radiator and wash out the reservoir then replace with fresh Asian blue coolant 50/50? If yes how often should I drain it like this after how many miles?

Or

My girlfriend has no clue when last a full flush was done. I was thinking of getting a full flush done first with her mechanic. If I do the full flush after how many miles should I then just replace the fluid through the drain hole for maintenance purpose with the 50/50?
Rajiv85

I also bought this coolant for it. Is this okay to use in my model?
Attachments
IMG_5416.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg (118.23 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
KuroNekko

Yes, that coolant is fine to use in the Kizashi. It's premixed so don't add water.

As for the coolant replacement, you can't just drain and refill like motor oil. There is coolant in the engine too so you need to circulate it to really get the old stuff out and the new coolant in. The process will also flush out contaminants. The original coolant from the factory is specified to last about 90,000 miles and be changed with the blue coolant after every 45,000 miles since, I believe.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Rajiv85

So your advice is just do a flush and put the new coolant in and do that flush every 45000 miles in between I can top up coolant if I need to before the 45k miles. I have no heating issue , my gf just don’t know what’s a flush and if it was ever done. So I want to be safe side and flush it and I monitor it myself after now
KuroNekko

If the car has about 100K miles, yes, do the flush. By flush, I mean getting the old coolant out by multiple drains and refills with water after the coolant circulates in the engine. I'm sure you can find the process easily online as it's a standard process for most cars. You can also use additive cleaners during the flush process for better cleaning. Refill after the final flush with the premix you already have. You might need two jugs though.

As for the reservoir, it's really for overflow so you don't need to be too concerned with levels there as long as it's between the low and high mark. Make sure you fill the system from the radiator cap. In fact, while you're at it, replace the radiator cap too if it's the original. Do a search on the forum to get the part number for the Toyota cap that's perfect yet cheaper than the OE Suzuki part. I'm using a Toyota cap after the original Suzuki cap broke on me and caused an overheat. I posted about this so search for the topic as I listed the replacement part number I bought on Amazon.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Rajiv85

Ok thank you @kuronekko