2013 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS AWD

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
donnycapitaland

I recently, last week, purchased a 2013 Suzuki Kizashi Sport SLS AWD, from a local on-line auction. Upon paying for it, I proceeded to car, checked the oil, started up, familiarized myself w/interior options, and did a walk around to include checking tire pressures. All good, figured time to check cvt fluid level. Both oil and cut fluid looked full and clean. Returned to inside vehicle, tire pressure idiot light was on, also service TPMS was above odometer and the check engine light was on. Checked radiator fluid prior to thar, it was good. Then after putting plates on car to drive home, engine revved fine in park and neutral. Now the problem started, the car would not Rev over 1500rpm or obtain any speed. Parked and had towed home. Had neighbor mechanic w/his company owned high end scanner, scanned the car. By this time, the check engine light was off, but orange triangle with exclamation was above odometer and was blinking. The car did not move at all, forward or reverse. This car has 127K miles. Two codes showed up on mechanic's scanner: P0777 and P0961. Both relating to pressure control solenoids. Any help would be appreciated. Does this car need new tranny?? Seeing that cvt fluid was full and clean, I would think previous owner recently changed fluid. Please help!!! Thanks, Don
donnycapitaland

Would a 2010 Kizashi SE non awd transmission fit into my sport sls awd?? I can find one local for sale that needs head gasket, or for parts for $995. ????
KuroNekko

I'm sure Old Tech (our resident pro mechanic) will chime in but it sounds like the prior owners/auction staff knew the transmission went out so merely changed the fluid and cleared the codes so things look fine initially on start up. Driving it shortly after presents the problem and you're not the only one who was scammed like this. Your car exhibits the symptoms of a failed CVT, which is quite common for Kizashis at that mileage that did not have the CVT fluid serviced.

I'm sure Old Tech can answer your question about the CVT swap with personal expertise.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
donnycapitaland

Thank you..very clean car, paid $3500 total, looks like to buy used tranny and have free shipped to tranny repair shop, and installed will be around $3000+. Replacement tranny vehicle is stated to have 71k miles..debating having it done. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thank you.
KuroNekko

Where are you located?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
old tech

127,000 miles that’s right on time for the primary pulley to break causing a huge pressure leak along with other internals getting damaged. I know your code says solenoids but that’s never the case. It is low pressure as if the solenoid stuck is how code should be written. Yes you need a transmission replacement or rebuild. Yes you can use a fwd transmission And just remove the driveshaft but why? A 71,000 mile transmission should be low enough on the miles to ensure that the transmission is still in good shape however I still don’t think that’s your best buy. You would probably get 50,000 miles, and the same thing would happen. I can rebuild your transmission with it still in the car from start to finish for $1900. With a year warranty parts and labor. If you want to remove the transmission and bring it to me it’s $850 for a transmission instant exchange or I can overhaul yours. Either of these ways it will have an upgraded primary system that is much stronger than the original set up, this way would have a 3mo warranty on trans only. I’m in Northwest Pennsylvania. Usually I’m doing 2 to 3 transmissions a week so I’ll need a few days notice. Pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
donnycapitaland

I'm in Albany NY area. Old tech, I'll consider the option of shipping the car to western PA. Thank you for advice and suggestions. Don
donnycapitaland

What town/city are you located in western PA..$1900 Plus one way shipping would be more cost effective than buying used 71kmiles tranny for $1500-$2000, plus tranny install for $1500-$1800. My brother is a auto shipping broker, so getting it shipped seems wiser.
old tech

Gillette Import Autowerks 14631 Shermansville rd Linesville Pa 16424

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
donnycapitaland

Thank you old tech...I'll find out about shipping cost, and let you know. That 71k miles option for tranny shipped to me is approx your rebuild cost..I saw a 2010 Kizashi local, for sale with blown head gasket, for $995, that was why I asked if its 2wd tranny would work. Seems like shipping whole car to you would be best option. I did pm you, but you can disregard...ty for supplying your address. I'll let you know, as soon as I can process this all. Ty, Don