anybody used bluetooth audio streaming?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

thanks for the input guys. Now all i have to do is find a mp3 player w/ bluetooth. And this is proven to be really hard = =
TheHolyGhost

Sony used to have one, I'm not sure if they still do. Zune HD and iPod's have it also.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
gmoney91

Most people seem to use their smartphone or an ipod. I'm assuming you don't have a smartphone and you don't like ipods since those would be an easy solutions. So what other requirements are you looking for in an mp3 player? Cowon S9, Samsung P3, Samsung YP-P2, Ibiza Rhapsody, IRiver Spin, Ipod tou,ch, Sony Walkman NWZ-A820, Panasonic D-Snap SV-SD850N, Insignia NS-DVB4G, and Archos 32 are all bluetooth compatible.
Northernstar

gmoney91 wrote:Most people seem to use their smartphone or an ipod. I'm assuming you don't have a smartphone and you don't like ipods since those would be an easy solutions. So what other requirements are you looking for in an mp3 player? Cowon S9, Samsung P3, Samsung YP-P2, Ibiza Rhapsody, IRiver Spin, Ipod tou,ch, Sony Walkman NWZ-A820, Panasonic D-Snap SV-SD850N, Insignia NS-DVB4G, and Archos 32 are all bluetooth compatible.
lol yeah, no smartphone and hate Apple. thanks for the info, i took a look and wow, most of them aren't cheap. I am thinking about getting P2 or the S9. Only these two are in my budget range. cheers
chazyouwin

I see USB memory stick option not mentioned above. I'm using cheap sticks to listen to .mp3 podcasts and just leaving them in the car. Great inexpensive option, no .mp3 player needed at all.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
kegard

I'm using my Droid2 for both BT audio and phone.

So far I've only used Pandora on the Droid2. Found out last night that I can skip to the next song using the controls on the steering wheel. Very cool! I have my D2 in the windshield mount and no longer have to reach forward to skip songs.

And I think the sound quality is very good.
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
gmkizashi

Northernstar, unless I missed something or you don't want to do it this way, doesnt your device have a USB cable?? If so, you could use the USB port. The other option of using a flash drive also seems good. Apologies if you already know this. I can understand why you would rather do wireless.

As an aside, it seems my speakers don't jump around as much when I use the USB on the iphone versus bluetooth, but that's a whole other thread.

pss. not an apple guy on computers, but I broke down and got an ipod years ago and i love it. Some models are almost free now here in the US when you sign on the dotted line.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
robs48

Do any of you experience any "skipping " when listening to music via blue tooth from your phone or other device.Mine sounds great but the music skips anywhere from every 15 seconds to about 45 seconds.
kegard

No problems so far. I mostly stream Pandora from my phone.

Have you tried removing your battery to reset it? Could be the device or interference. Do you also have a BT headset?
2011 GTS manual

former life:
Tuned 2007 Subaru Forester XT auto
Tuned 2005 Subaru WRX manual
robs48

I didn't remove the battery but I did reload(update) the phone's software.I do have a blue tooth headset and that works fine.I'm going to try the battery.Thanks for the suggestion.