114 days

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

SO FAR, the damage appraisal exceeds $5,100 (not including the $1,600 for the exhaust pipe). More expenses to follow as more gets disassembled.
WESHOOT2

Just got the Kizashi back; more to follow (no doubt)......
chazyouwin

Welcome back! As to the CVT issue discussed above, I rented a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with a 6-speed auto for near a week from Avis recently in Florida (27,000 miles on it). I noticed considerable hunting and jerkiness and even seemingly non-linear acceleration while in a particular gear. In sum I am reinforced in my opinion that the CVT is a very good transmission. I would consider the Kiz CVT a significant upgrade ($1500) over that transmission.

The biggest problem with the Sonata was not in fact the transmission. It was rather the road and mechanical noise. The first 2011 Hundai Sonata they gave to me was so noisy I drove it straight back to the Avis reception (didn't make it out of the Tampa airport). The noise was an oscillating noise that resembled the type of noise that you would get with a flat tire, but there was no flat tire. The second one they gave to me however had the same noise (!). So I kept the second one. What a racket, including the basic road noise. I was very surprised given that the Sonata had been a darling of auto reviewers. I did not see many negative comments about driving noise in those reviews. Perhaps there is something about the build quality which causes greater noise in the Sonata as the mileage builds. Anyway, what a striking difference to be back in the Kiz.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
WESHOOT2

Current mileage = 30,600.

Spent my away-time first in a 2010 Jetta; POS, and returned the next day for a 33K '10 Malibu; better.
But one could recognize the GM-mandated fer-crap steering precision, clunky suspension, and over-chromed interior (causing sunlight to reflect into the driver's vision).
Decent down the interstate, with excellent gas mileage.
Its powertrain was underwhelming, with anemic response and little thrust.
Deer ran into it, bounced off the windshield, and I needed another car.
Towed out a 2011 Malibu with only 12K; better.
But see above.

So I got my Kizashi back yesterday, and conditions included rain and heavy winds. Car was as quiet as I remember, but the wind made it difficult to maintain course.
Same this morning; wind howling.

Still managed to 'theoretically' exceed 95 MPH with no effort. I'll fill it up tonight and spend some quality time pounding it down dirt roads.
New Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT snows mounted; latest-spec alignment done; we'll see.
WESHOOT2

31,166 miles (even though it was out of commision 35 days).

'Fix' was very good.
Car runs like it never tore its bottom off, showing zero effects in any way. Handling, ride, steering unaffected.

The new Goodyears are exceptionally smooth-running, rivaling any touring tire I've ever tried. Grip is outstanding in icy and snowy conditions, with no noise or dry-road penalty. Granted, dry-road performance is on par with most higher-performance snows, with lower overall grip, but good enough.

Still like my car; paint still attached.
WESHOOT2

I mis-typed myself; 32,166 miles (yesterday..... :mrgreen: ).
WESHOOT2

Still as new. Except not.

Gas mileage is totally dependent on my right foot's behavior, ranging from 23 to 31 MPG.
Handling has not deteriorated, nor have the brakes.
Engine performance remains strong.

Everything still attached.

Side-note: The Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT tires are daily proving their worth. Plus they let me go past 100......
WESHOOT2

I scraped the front end on a curb; I don't care.

The car works exceedingly well on snow-slicked Interstate pavement, and maintains its composure on snow-packed unpaved byways. The Goodyears contribute mightily, but the car's balance is what lets them work.

Still has its paint attached. Except where I scraped it :mrgreen:
WESHOOT2

Last tank returned 23.4 MPG (insert sheepish heavy-right-footed grin here).

Icy snowy conditions recently, and the car shines at handling the slippery surfaces. Some credit goes to the superb Goodyears, but the car itself must offer proper balance to make use of them; it does.
In spades.

Some cabin surfaces are getting discolored from my heavy smoking.

Even though it's now out of warranty nothing has broken.

Paint still attached....
WESHOOT2

Feb 24th, 37,985 miles, nothing new except how much the Kizashi continues to impress.

It is SO good on snow-slicked pavement; it is so quiet; it gets such good gas mileage compared against its available thrust; it is taking a purposeful 80 MPH beating on one particularly bad section of pot-holed washboard dirt road without whimper, creak, or rattle; it looks good from the back....know what I mean?

Paint still attached except that curb rash spot. Ha!