Finally bought one. few comments and questions

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
msr

After thinking about waiting till next year to see if turbos come up, I couldn't wait much longer and went in an bought a red SLS CVT with navigation last weekend. I have few questions and comments. I paid $23750 out of the door (which includes $2000 in incentives, $1000 trade-in and $1000 cash). I think its a very good deal.
So far I have 400 miles on it. I drive 500 miles a week so will try to update often.

Comments:
1. Car is sluggish. Not just from 0 - 20. It feels heavy and too larbored to accelerate. Manual mode seem to make no difference
2. Handling is excellent. My previous car was a mustang GT and this one is just as good.
3. Interior quality is excellent.
4. I saw a few complaints about music system but I found it very good. I am able to play DVDs (saw someone ask about this in a different post).
5. Navigation has real time alerts and they are pretty much useless. So far I had 5 alerts saying "Traffic ahead" but there was none.
6. Bluetooth was easy to pair up with my android phone. I can play music via usb. It sucks that they took away bluetooth streaming if you get navigation. I also find it very annoying that there are no steering wheel controls to operate the phone via bluetooth.

Questions:
1. How can I turn off the navigation display completely?
2. This might sound stupid but how do I close Sunroof completely. There are only buttons for slide and open but not for closing. I think I finally got it closed but i noticed that the backend is slightly angled up. Is it normal.

Thanks,
MSR
chazyouwin

I also had the sunroof question. One of the switches is a toggle, I believe. Press it to open, press the same switch to close. The answer is not in the manual.

Very nice price, I believe, by the way, especially when you consider you have nav. If you have 2011 AWD, even more astonishing. Where was this bought?
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
TObject

Yep, the sun roof switches are somewhat counterintuitive. I always have to double check if the roof is in the fully closed position.
Here is from the manual:

Auto Slide Function

•Auto slide function can be activated as follows with the ignition mode of keyless push start system in “ON”.

—Auto slide-open: Press the “SLIDE OPEN” side of the sun roof switch a bit longer when the sun roof is fully closed or partly opened in sliding direction.
—Auto slide-close: Press the “TILT UP” side of the sun roof switch a bit longer when the sun roof is fully opened or partly opened in sliding direction.

•Sliding motion is suspended if either “SLIDE OPEN” or “TILT UP” side of the sun roof switch is pressed during auto slide operation.

Auto Tilt Function

•Auto tilt function can be activated as follows with the ignition mode of keyless push start system in “ON”.

—Auto tilt-up: Press the “TILT UP” side of the sun roof switch a bit longer when the sun roof is fully closed or partly opened in tilt direction.
—Auto tilt-down: Press the “SLIDE OPEN” side of the sun roof switch a bit longer when the sun roof is fully opened or partly opened in tilt direction.

•Tilting motion is suspended if either “SLIDE OPEN” or “TILT UP” side of the sun roof switch is pressed during auto tilt operation.
TObject

msr wrote: I think I finally got it closed but i noticed that the backend is slightly angled up. Is it normal.
Actually, this does not sound normal. Try to do the “Sun Roof Motor Initialization,” maybe it will fix it:

1) With ignition mode of keyless push start system in “ON”, press “TILT UP”-side of sun roof switch to fully tilt up sun roof glass.

2) Keep pressing “TILT UP”-side of sun roof switch for 2 or more seconds. Sun roof glass will tilt down a little and initialization of sun roof motor is completed.

3) Conduct auto tilt down/up and auto slide open/close to check that auto functions work normally. (Repeat from Step 1) if any auto function is faulty.)
~tc~

Being that invoice is 27,100, you got a SMOKIN deal
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Hawkzilla

msr wrote:After thinking about waiting till next year to see if turbos come up, I couldn't wait much longer and went in an bought a red SLS CVT with navigation last weekend. I have few questions and comments. I paid $23750 out of the door (which includes $2000 in incentives, $1000 trade-in and $1000 cash). I think its a very good deal.
So far I have 400 miles on it. I drive 500 miles a week so will try to update often.

Comments:
1. Car is sluggish. Not just from 0 - 20. It feels heavy and too larbored to accelerate. Manual mode seem to make no difference
2. Handling is excellent. My previous car was a mustang GT and this one is just as good.
3. Interior quality is excellent.
4. I saw a few complaints about music system but I found it very good. I am able to play DVDs (saw someone ask about this in a different post).
5. Navigation has real time alerts and they are pretty much useless. So far I had 5 alerts saying "Traffic ahead" but there was none.
6. Bluetooth was easy to pair up with my android phone. I can play music via usb. It sucks that they took away bluetooth streaming if you get navigation. I also find it very annoying that there are no steering wheel controls to operate the phone via bluetooth.

Questions:
1. How can I turn off the navigation display completely?
2. This might sound stupid but how do I close Sunroof completely. There are only buttons for slide and open but not for closing. I think I finally got it closed but i noticed that the backend is slightly angled up. Is it normal.

Thanks,
MSR

I agree 100% with your assessment. My advice on #1 is accept it for what it is and focus on the positives... you will drive yourself nuts trying to figure out why a 185 hp car feels like a 140 hp car. lol

Best of luck to you and congrats on your nice new ride! 8-)
Kizashi SLS CVT Azure Gray Metallic
msr

Its 2011 SLS FWD CVT with Navi.
My sale price was 23500 - $2000 (incentives) = $21500 + 599 (dealer fees) + TTL. I bought in Miami.
Thanks for info on sunroof. I think I got it closed completely.
I have no option but to get used to the lag. I bought it knowing about the lag. So can't complain too much.

I have noticed left pull. I am not sure if I am imagining. I removed my hands from the wheel on what looked like a staight road and the car immediately started pulling left. Has anyone noticed that?
Thanks,
MSr
~tc~

Get the alignment checked before you eat through a set of tires
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
EnfinityX

i find the kiz is actually pretty fast once u rev it past 3500 rpm. it pulls cleanly then.
tigerbangs54

Two observations here: check the tire pressures carefully to eliminate the pull: my car did the same thing, and I found out that one of the rear tires was up past 50 PSI: once I got all 4 tires down to a correct 38 lbs, the pull went away.

Also, I have noticed that once my Kizashi got past 6500 miles, it loosened up considerably and is much more sprightly than when it was when it was brand new. Admittedly, the CVT does take some getting used to, but the engine itself is beyond reproach. I still feel a slight lag pulling away from a stoplight, but I also find that this car is almost impossible to rein in on the interstate: it passes other cars with deceptive ease, and using your cruise control is an absolute MUST on the highway: 85 MPH feels like 55 MPH in the Kizashi, and that can get you into trouble quickly. I have noticed a new sense of effortlessness about the car as it has broken in, and either I have gotten used to the 'lag' or the car has adapted well to my aggressive driving style.