Low-profile tire's and puncture resistance

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
tigerbangs54

I have managed to have 2 blow-outs due to tread cuts and punctures in the 13,000 miles that I have owned my SE AWD. My tire dealer tells me that new lower-profile tires may help handling, but they blow out a lot more. Are other Kizashi owners finding this true? The Dunlop Sport SP7000 used on the Kizashis isn't cheap, and it's my one big complaint about this car.
~tc~

I don't see how the profile would make any difference in the puncture resistance of the tread ... The tire construction though ....

Discount Tire will sell you road hazard insurance even on tires you didn't buy there, I did it on my truck (and promptly used it to get 4 tires replaced!) I need to drop in with the Kiz and get it on there too.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
TObject

Ditto on the Discount/America Tire road hazard warrantee: I used it once already on my Kizashi to fix a hole when a caught a screw on freeway. Also, I like it because of free balance and rotation; I take mine in every five thousand miles. On my previous vehicle I got a new tire (for the price of the new warrantee certificate) when one of the tires was damaged beyond repair.

This is one of a few warrantees out there that worth it.
EnfinityX

my mother rashed my left front wheel pretty badly and the tire is not punctured. I would say the tire is no MORE puncture prone than other tires i have used.