floor mat retention clips

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kizashigal

I have a 2011 SE and it came with the logo'd Kizashi floor mats, but it does not have the clips that lock the mats to the floor. Dealer said the clips are sold seperately..does that seem right? It has a velcro back that makes it stick to the floor, but it seems weird to have to purchase seperately. :?:
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
~tc~

Mine were missing too. It took them FOREVER to find the part number.

The key was going through a TSB for the floor mats, there is a part code in there for the whole kit, and then from that you can look up the part code for just the clips.

My dealer got them for me for free, but IIRC, they were <$10
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
~tc~

2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
Ronzuki

If you purchase the OE all weather (rubber) floor mats, the clips come with them. My original set that came w/ the car didn't have the clips either.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Blackbelt

I had to purchase the logo floor mats for mine, and they did come with the clips.
2010 Kizashi S AWD
2009 Suzuki SX-4 Touring AWD
2008 Smart fortwo Passion Coupe
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD
gmkizashi

Do not pay them anything. Given the safety issues of late with floormats being an issue with unintended acceleration, even if they are like velcro, they should not be installed without the clips. No excuses. The clips are in the bag with the floor mats which are usually in the trunk of the car they were ordered with and do not get put on until prep or delivery.

What they won't admit to is that when the person prepping the vehicle rips the floor mats out of the bag and puts them in the vehicle, they threw away the clips which are secured in their own little plastic bag inside the bag the floormats are in. This is either do to lack of knowledge or carelessness, probably the former.

Make them go to another kizashi(go with them like I did) open the trunk and take the clips out of an un-installed set. They may act clueless, especially if they don't know the clips are in their own bag within the floormats bag. But they are there.

This of course happens after you have already given them all "10's" on their surveys because of how important they told you it is to get a perfect score. Then they go and try to make you pay for an oversight on their part. Ridiculous.
2010 SLS FWD CVT-Azure Grey
Shaneous

.. I recieved my floor mats a week after the car.. installed them myself and the clips were inside the bag... no problemo's. All it takes is 1 tech to stuff up and throw away the clips - and have to steal them from someone else's mats instead of ordering some replacements . and there will then always be someone who gets stuck with no clips and a bullshit story!
kizashigal

I emailed my salesman and gave him the info on the TSB, so I'll wait to see where it goes from there. If I pay over $100 for a set of floor mats (which is silly) then I better get stupid clips to hold them down! Thanks for your help everyone, I'll keep ya posted as to how it turns out!
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
tigerbangs54

Hmmm, while I share your safety concerns, I have noticed that the Kizashi floor mats in my car stick like velcro to the carpeting on the floor, to such an extent that I have to literally peel them off the carpet. I have never had an issue with them slipping on the carpet. However, I did notice that that there are no mat retaining clips in my car, either...
WESHOOT2

Mine, a 2011 S AWD, was delivered to me with its standard carpeted mats secured to its properly installed clips.
Good dealership.