Optional Daytime Running Lights - anyone got them?

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

I noticed this on the Suzuki Aus website and was wondering if anyone has got them (or even priced them?)

http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... g/overview

Being silver my Kizashi isn't that noticeable on darker days, so I want to add some (legal) daytime running lights. I can buy Philips Daytime 4 lights for around $100, but they're going to be a bit hard to integrate into the front bumper bar - and I don't want something just "tacked on"...

Oh yeah, I've got the Touring model so no fog lights to worry about. Suzuki seem to say the DRL's will fit with fog lights, but I can't see how?
David
jedashi

Hey murcod, i am from Adelaide too, driving a 2011 Kizashi Sport AWD.
Suzuki in the city quoted me $500 for DRL (way too much) but it won't fit with fog lights so it was not an option for me...
As for Philips, again, no way fitting with fog lights unless a complete rework!
murcod

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Was that price fitted - or supply only? I'm out north near New Spot - and purchased the vehicle from them.

Biggest issue with the Philips (I can see, in my case, with no fog lights) is they are a flat fronted design; the fitting instructions say not to have them angled more that 10 degree. The only place that would work is in the lower centre grille (which I would like to replace with the Sport cross hatch style grille one day.) To put them in the fog light blanks would require them to be significantly recessed at the centre end to avoid angling the light beam outwards more than the 10 degrees. The horns are also behind those vents in the fog light blank and might cause issues?

The pictured factory option is curved to the contour of the fog light blanking panel. I'm just a bit dubious about how bright they actually are (from the photo, not very bright.)
David
murcod

I've taken the plunge and ordered the Daylight8 kit.

David
Azztex

Keen to see how it turns out, also how the install goes
murcod

Okay, I've got the kit.

I powered it up off the car and they're EXTREMELY bright..... I'm very happy with the light output and they're a proper white (with no blue tinge.) They also replace your parking lights and dim to a lower level when you select the parking lights to "on". It says about removing your stock front parker bulbs due it being illegal to have four front parking lights. There is also a chart showing the relevant heights and distances they must be located within in order to be legal. Nice, I think I'll be keeping that booklet in the glovebox just in case.

First question - any tips on removing the front fog light blankouts? My first guess is (at a minimum) remove the under tray and access them from behind the bumper. Off to do some searching through the service manual....
David
murcod

Okay, the correct name for it is "fog light bezel", but I couldn't find anything on removing them. Hopefully not a "bumper off" job?
David
nytq

Absolutely requires removing the bumper. Although it is very easy. A dozen or so screws and a couple of snap in's on the sides.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
murcod

Thanks for the info, it's just not what I wanted to hear! ;)
David
BM-Power

Speaking of Day-time Running Lights, are our Aussie Kizashis fitted with the proper D.R.L. bulbs like the American market or do I have to change the bulbs and reprogram ignition so that when the car starts, the D.R.L.s are on?
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT