Buying Suzuki Kizashi Sports AWD

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
D3lusion

Hi Guys,

My wife and I are currently in the market for a Suzuki Kizashi and if the price is right we will sign for it.

We don’t really have an exact budget, but it is around 30-35k, called a few dealer and was offered a brand new Sports AWD which is top of the line for 34k.

My question is how much further can we get it down? We are hoping for may be around 32k, but is that too much to ask for considering the car is normally 40k.

We don’t really need another option besides premium black and white plates, mats and the DRL option.

Just a question on the DRL, how do they look? anyone got of the Sports AWD with DRL?

Have anyone bought one recently?

Cheers.
murcod

Hi, welcome! :) Are you in South Australia? (A guess given the number plate description).

Is it a 2012 build vehicle you're looking at? The dealers will be keen to off load them at cheaper prices - so you'll have more bargaining power.

I bought mine just under 6mths ago and it is a 2011 build manual Touring with 10km on the speedo. I think it was around $8k off the normal drive away price- I considered that a bargain. I bargained hard in the showroom and then walked out when they wouldn't drop the price another $500. Within the hour I had a phone call and went back to purchase. (I think it helped that I was a cash buyer with no trade in.)

So be prepared to walk away, then you'll know if you've got their best price or not. ;)

Oh yeah, the DRL's - are you talking about the LED style that fit on the fog light housing? http://www.suzuki.com.au/vehicles/model ... g-lights-2 Are you sure they'll fit on the Sport?

It might be cheaper to buy something aftermarket like the Hella Daylight 4 or 8. I've fitted the Daylight 8 to mine and a few people have fitted the daylight 4. But I'm not sure what would fit on the Sport?

Mats for the CVT auto are available on Ebay Australia, by the way. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KIZASHI-MATS ... 2576de94b4 <- those ones are the cheapest at the moment, but they do pop up cheaper occasionally, so keep an eye on what the dealer charges you ;) The factory mats are very "lightweight" too, a bit disappointing really.... I also bought a boot liner off Ebay (rubber tray type) for around $110 delivered which is very well made but non genuine. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-KIZAS ... 2a175caccb
David
D3lusion

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I am in Sydney 

Yeah it’s the FY12 model, they currently got a black and a white Sports AWD in their show room, both with the asking price of $34000 Drive away, currently have around 50km on the clock.

In regards to the DRL, I am not too sure to be honest, I am personally not too fuss about the DRL, but the missus really want them on the car and yeah I am looking at the factory option which goes in the fog light area.

My issue is that I have no idea how much longer they can go, considering they are like 40k normally.
murcod

I'd try pushing them a bit on price. They're a very good vehicle, but at the end of the day they're not that popular....

On the Suzuki website it doesn't say the DRL's fit the Sport, but the dealer should hopefully know. Here's some info on them and a pic of my solution (~$200 and a lot of DIY hours.)
David
D3lusion

Just an update.

Signed the papers yesterday and got the deal.we want.

Initially I was 50/50.about the car, but.once I test drove it I knew it was the right car.

Scored a damn good deal.

The price on the car itself didn't budge at 34k, but we got a damn good price for our trade, I believe it was done for them to close the deal and to make their books look good.

The car we traded was a 07 Honda Jazz 1.3LGLI manual with over 100000km on the clock. We got $7000 for the trade which was more than what Redbook quoted.

The change over ended up being $28333, with mats, boot liner and the kizashi door sills.
murcod

Congratulations. :)

So did you choose black or white (or are they getting another colour in for you)?
David
D3lusion

Got the white :) which was our first preference :)

Don't think we want another dark coloured, as our other car is a graphite colour and it's pain to keep it looking clean.
Last edited by D3lusion on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
murcod

Yes, they're also hotter in Summer. I had the choice of white or premium silver - I was actually going to buy the white one until I saw the silver and ended up buying it instead. Luckily it's not that hot and doesn't show the dirt up too much. There a white Sport where I work and it looks very nice.
David
Wonson92

Another Sydney owner! Welcome. What dealer did you buy from?
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
D3lusion

Hey mate,

Got ours from Tynan in Kirrawee near Miranda, was a 40min drive but was well worth it with the price and service we got.

A lot better than the place where my sister got her Swift from.