Krunched Kizashi

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
Wizzbang

I was on my way home yesterday afternoon when this happened. I was stopped waiting for the car in front of me to turn right into a side street, I was preparing to start moving when I was rear-ended by a young lady in a Toyota Echo.

Needless to say, I was livid.
Car is currently at the panel beaters getting the quotes and insurance assessments completed. The other driver was not insured.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi XLS 6MT Premium Silver
Ronzuki

I had better watch out....it would appear plat silver Kizashis are rear-ender magnets! :?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

Damn! She must have been moving at a reasonable pace to do that much damage (ie. not paying any attention.)
David
Wizzbang

It was quite an impact, she claimed that her foot slipped off the brake onto the accelerator.
Could be that my silver paintwork made the car blend into the road and she didn't see it :P who knows. Her car sustained some serious frontal damage and it wouldn't even start up afterwards.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a prang in their Kizashi and how long it took to get repaired, so I can get an idea how long mine will be off the road for.
murcod

Probably busy texting......

I had the misfortune of rear ending a vehicle with my previous car. It was the end of a zip lane and I was checking to merge over my shoulder, when I looked back someone in front had stopped suddenly instead of merging correctly (person in front has right of way.....) I hit the brakes but it was too late... The ABS cut in once and I hit the vehicle in front. It (ironically) was a Toyota Echo. I'm not sure of the speed I hit (possibly 15-20km/h?), but there was nowhere near the amount of damage you've sustained.
David
cocos3

Awww, sorry for you Wizzbang. And I was pissed off about a stone chip and dent...

All I can say about time involved in getting repairs done, is apart from waiting for parts, it really depends on your panel beater. We have used a guy who can have the car for 3 weeks or more and another for similar work can have it done in less than 2...!

Ask around, is good advice.
Red 2013 Prestige w/ sat-nav
BM-Power

Ouch, damn so sorry to see that. Hope the idiot loses her license.
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
Wizzbang

Cheers for the kind words :)
I've prepared myself to be without the car for about a month, bit of a bugger but using public transport doesn't faze me.

As pissed as I am about the car, I do feel a bit sorry for the other driver...it was a just a really unfortunate accident, she wasn't insured, and apparently it was just part of a string of really bad luck events for her.
Wizzbang

Just an update...the car has been assessed and approved for repairs. Been told by the panelbeaters that the parts are over in the Eastern states, this should hopefully take less than two weeks to be fixed.
murcod

Nice. Hopefully all goes well and it's as good as new in no time. :)
David