Factory Alloy Wheel Specifications

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
murcod

I don't know if anyone has posted these up anywhere else (in one post.....) The specs should be the same worldwide, but I've thrown it up in the Australian section just in case.

PCD = 5 x 114.3mm
Wheel nut = 12 x 1.25mm conical seat
Hub centrebore measured at 60.05mm (using vernier calipers) - supplied hub rings with aftermarket alloy wheels are 60.1mm

17x7" +50mm offset (Taken off 2011 Touring factory alloy - see below)

Wheel/tyre weight (brand new Yokohama dB E70 215/55 fitted to 17" factory alloy) = 21.0kg (using my bathroom digital scales with 0.5kg resolution)
David
suzboy

Sorry not an expert on Wheels so I can't tell you much.

My car seats on 18 inch' 20 spoke wheels. A tech saw my rims and noted that there are a lot of balancing weights on the rims. He thinks that compare to other rims the Kizashi OEM rim seem to have a lot of these weights. And usually that means the wheel has some balancing issues.

What do you think.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
Ronzuki

I would tend to buy in to that. I put new tires on the Kiz last fall and the balance isn't as good as the factory balance. Factory was smooth as silk. And as you have mentioned, the new balance has far fewer, and larger weights. Along with that comes a very slight vibe to the car at highway speed. Noticed it right away, but that seems typical after I get a new set of tires. So slight that it's not worth the aggravation of forcing them to redo it especially around where I live. I've taken notice that factory balance always seems better to me. No one takes the time required and/or don't have the best equipment and/or neglect said equipment's servicing and calibration.
I once had a set of Pirelli Scorpions on the Suburban years ago that NEVER balanced right, as in shake your teeth out of you head at 65-70mph. Some tires are really just that bad.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

suzboy wrote:Sorry not an expert on Wheels so I can't tell you much.

My car seats on 18 inch' 20 spoke wheels. A tech saw my rims and noted that there are a lot of balancing weights on the rims. He thinks that compare to other rims the Kizashi OEM rim seem to have a lot of these weights. And usually that means the wheel has some balancing issues.

What do you think.
Were they balancing it without a tyre fitted? Otherwise my guess would be the tyre was the cause, not the rim.
David
suzboy

No.... Was running on the original Yokohama tyres when the wheels were taken off my car. So a lot of balancing weight were placed from the factory.
2011 Mineral Grey Kizashi Prestige
~tc~

If they are having trouble balancing the tires, you need to tell them to do a road force balance.
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
BM-Power

Any ideas on what's the weight of a 17" stock rim (excluding tyre)?

Cheers
BMW E46 330i SMG
Suzuki Kizashi 6MT
murcod

BM-Power wrote:Any ideas on what's the weight of a 17" stock rim (excluding tyre)?

Cheers
21.0kg with brand new tyre - see the first post which I've updated. I might be able to give the rim weight in the near future depending on what I decide to do with my stock tyres.
David
bdleonard

BM-Power wrote:Any ideas on what's the weight of a 17" stock rim (excluding tyre)?

Cheers
This is long delayed, but I have a bare 17" OEM wheel that I picked up as a replacement for some curb damage, and I figured I would check the weight while I had the chance.

(Drum roll) The bare weight of the 17" Kizashi wheel is approximately 22.8 lbs, or 10.4 kg for those living in the civilized world.
SamirD

bdleonard wrote:This is long delayed, but I have a bare 17" OEM wheel that I picked up as a replacement for some curb damage, and I figured I would check the weight while I had the chance.

(Drum roll) The bare weight of the 17" Kizashi wheel is approximately 22.8 lbs, or 10.4 kg for those living in the civilized world.
Thank you! (from the uncivilized USA :lol: )