Suzuki Australia announces capped price servicing

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
coref1

Just read about Suzuki Australia introducing capped price servicing and the extension of their warranty to 5 years. Applies to all their vehicles including the Kizashi. I guess it was inevitable given the increasing number of manufacturers doing it.
What I find interesting is they have also changed the servicing schedule to 6mths/10000klm intervals.

http://www.suzuki.com.au/owners/servici ... ce-service
murcod

Nice find. Only applies to vehicles bought after 01May13 and as you said, the "optional" 6 monthly service now appears to be listed as a "normal" (compulsory?) service.

Has the distance interval been increased too - from 15000km/ yr to 20000km/ yr?

Most servicings are priced at $249 every 6mths. Possibly not good if you do low km (like me), I'll be lucky to hit 7500km in 12mths, so much prefer the choice of (not) doing the 6mth service....
David
coref1

Servicing intervals are now 10000 klms per 6 months or 20000 klms per year.
There's the ongoing discussion going around whether 15000klm/12 month servicing intervals are too long or 6 month/10000 klm intervals are just a money grabbing exercise. I've asked the mechanic at my dealer about this in the past and he kept on saying they're been having no issues with the 12 month servicing and suggested 6 month servicing is only wasting money. I'll be interested to hear what he says now. Hard to believe that vehicles that up and to now only require 12 month servicing all of a sudden require 6 month servicing.
As you say most services are $249 which is a lot of money for what is probably just an oil change.
CLLee

I haven't received any notification from my dealer, so I'm just going to keep to the 15,000km interval. I drive alot... it's about 7.5 months for me. Car is officially 2yo next week, and I've already done my 45,000km service a month ago :D
My dealer do offer a 7,500km minor service which include an oil & filter change for about $89.
It's not too bad I reckon, plus you can get them to look around the car for any signs of problem.

Maybe it's just me... My last car was a Mazda6. I don't think I've paid less than $400 for a service after the first year :(
coref1

Yeah, I think any car purchased before 1 May will still be 12 mth/15000 klm. $89 for the interim service is excellent for Australia, I thought I was doing well to get it for $130. I'm in Sydney so Melbourne's a bit far to go otherwise I'd ask the dealers name.
From what I've read on other forums the Mazda's seem to be a bit expensive on their services although maybe not as expensive as Hondas.
Can I ask how your Kizashi compares with your Mazda 6?
CLLee

coref1 wrote: Can I ask how your Kizashi compares with your Mazda 6?
It was the 1st Gen Mazda6... bought in 2004. So, there's almost 10 years difference in tech and build standards.
That said, the Kizashi ride is more refined and composed, in everyday drive. I haven't had a chance to push the Kizashi (hello Great Ocean Road, which I had done several times with the Mazda boys :D ).
The Mazda6 is notorious for road noise, and the hatch back I had, plus 17" wheels didn't help.
But at almost 200,000km, the Mazda6 interior was still rattle free. A few sounds came out only over very rough roads, otherwise very quiet.
My Kizashi is already having a few random rattles. Overall, I still think it's a worthy upgrade.
murcod

We had the first update model Mazda 6 - MY06 GG1032. It had rattles and NVH issues (after I fitted 17" rims), on the stock 15" rims it was very plush but the handling sucked!

The 6 was better for cornering on smooth roads (more balanced), but throw some bumps into the equation and it was quickly clear Mazda didn't do a lot of testing on their shock absorbers.... My Kizashi (with the uprated rear sway bar) is a match for handling but with a much nicer ride quality and none of the road noise. The suspension is way better over bumps. Interior quality is miles ahead.

It would be interesting to compare a later model 6, but they didn't interest me due to the continual "upsizing" with each new model. (The Kizashi is line ball with the original 6 for size.)
David
coref1

I did drive my Kizashi on the Great Ocean Road last January but with so much traffic didn't really have much chance to explore it's limits. There was one stage where I was following a large Peugeot or Citroen (can't remember now) that seem to be trying to push but ended up pulling over to let me past. The more I drive the Kizashi the more it impresses me with the way it just keeps giving me what I ask of it in terms of steering and handling. I always feel much more engaged with the car then anything else I have owned.
I agree on the "upsizing" in fact one of the reasons I was drawn to the Kizash ii it seems to be a genuine midsizer. The 6, Euro, Optima and Camry all seem to be bigger cars and almost large category cars these days.
murcod

Isn't the latest 6 almost Commodore/ Falcon size? I liked the Kizashi for it's size too.
David
CLLee

I have driven the 2nd Gen Mazda6 many times as well, as a courtesy car.
IMO the interior it too plasticy, compared to the original 1st gen.

I like the front of the current Mazda6, but it's way too big for me.
I don't think it will fit in my garage either :D
The rear looks like an i45.