Strange soft clicking sound every 20 seconds

The Kizashi should soon show up in Australia. We look forward to seeing members from your region.
jdimech7

Hi,

I have recently purchased an AWD Sport Kizashi and am happy with it.

Just noticed something strange when I have been sitting in the car and it is idling.
Every 20 or so seconds you can hear a sort of soft, almost like a computer cycling noise which seems to be coming from the dash console. You don't hear it when your driving, just when the car is idling.

I know that this seems like a minor issue, but it is really starting to get to me.

Was wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this, and more importantly, does anyone know what is making the sound?

Many thanks.

Regards, John.
TObject

Try turning the air conditioning (AC) off, and see if it still happens.
jdimech7

The airconditioning is not on when this happens. Actually nothing is on expect the engine.

Have also noticed it more in the morning when you first start the car up.

Maybe it has something to do with the car warming up?

Its a very soft "cycling sound" that last for about a second, but occurs every 20 seconds or so.

You know when you switch off the car and then open the door - you hear a similair sound - like a computer cycling. this sound i am hearing is very similair to that sound.

Its not a big concern, but would like to get to the bottom of it so I can stop worrying :(

Appreciate your advice.

Regards, John
jdimech7

Have also noticed that it appears to happen only while the car is warming up.

I thought maybe its the actual temperature dial that is making the noise as it starts to move as the engine heats up.

Anyway, just thought I would add some more info to this question.

Hope there is an answer.

Regards, John.