set up subwoofer and amp

Organize regional meets in your area, and help this car grow a cult like following.
Any North American, and regional information is welcome.
Theghost04

Hello, I am currently trying to set up an aftermarket sub and amp in my 2011 base model kizashi. I see alot of people have the rockford system and it has a sub In the trunk already, in my case it doesn't look like I have a sub in my trunk but there is a plug and play at the top of my trunk. I'm wondering if that's for an additional sub ? If I could get some help that would be great. Thanks!
SAEED_KIZZY

Theghost04 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:40 pm Hello, I am currently trying to set up an aftermarket sub and amp in my 2011 base model kizashi. I see alot of people have the rockford system and it has a sub In the trunk already, in my case it doesn't look like I have a sub in my trunk but there is a plug and play at the top of my trunk. I'm wondering if that's for an additional sub ? If I could get some help that would be great. Thanks!
Hello and welcome .
as far as I know, in the case of the subwoofer there are 3 options:
1- no sub: no Rockford sound system just a 2-pin socket also no opening on the trunk.
2- simple sub: in this case also no Rockford sound system but a simple sub for the factory head unit.
photo_2019-02-10_10-55-08.jpg
3- the last one is Rockford Subwoofer and in this case, there is 4 pin socket and also a factory head unit with a Rockford sound system equipped.
20190802_110639.jpg
20190802_110654.jpg
Theghost04

Hey there yes so I have the first set up that you explained. No sub or rockford system. I have successfully hooked everything up. I am getting power to my amp from my main sorce, but I read nothing on my remote wire when car is on and stero is aswell. So my amp isn't powering on, I also made sure everything was grounded properly aswell. (I am using a RCA adapter) I did get looking into fuses to see the set up below the glove box , and I notice that there is an audio slot for a 20A fuse. If I were to add a Fuse to it would it work and turn my amp on ? I'm super lost! Thanks for any help !
SAEED_KIZZY

Theghost04 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:13 pm Hey there yes so I have the first set up that you explained. No sub or rockford system. I have successfully hooked everything up. I am getting power to my amp from my main sorce, but I read nothing on my remote wire when car is on and stero is aswell. So my amp isn't powering on, I also made sure everything was grounded properly aswell. (I am using a RCA adapter) I did get looking into fuses to see the set up below the glove box , and I notice that there is an audio slot for a 20A fuse. If I were to add a Fuse to it would it work and turn my amp on ? I'm super lost! Thanks for any help !
first, you need to provide a remote wire you have 2 choices:
1- if you are familiar with car wiring and soldering you can tap into ACC wire on the OE head unit connector and use it as remote wire for your amp.
2- in this case you need to check for the fuse box below the steering column and tap into the fuse that connected to ACC(be sure to use a 10A fuse on this wire)
photo_2022-02-23_16-19-11.jpg

second, you need constant 12V battery power as you mentioned you can use a fuse box under the glove box for that. but amperage for that fuse depends on your amplifier.

photo_2022-01-07_18-09-21.jpg
Theghost04

Thanks for the help. I am also wondering if there is an accessible point in the trunk I can get to my speaker wires. I can't seem to find any layout online of where the wires are located for the car , I'm just curious as i am planning to upgrade a few things. Thanks again!
Theghost04

Oh also I am wondering what you mean by make sure I use a 10A fuse , do you mean in the ACC along side with my fuse for my amp? Or with the ACC run my amp and sub? Once I get everything else finalized.
SAEED_KIZZY

for wiring layout, you need to read the service manual you can download it from here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7sa4wbee9zwi ... 4wMHa?dl=0

also back in 2019, I did a similar upgrade to my car you can read it too from here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4724

also if you search the DIY section you may find better reviews for your need.
and for 10A fuse I mean just for safety you need to add 10A from fuse BOX to your amplifier remote pin (at beginning of your remote wire of course )