First ever Midwest Suzuki meet!! Mark your calendars now!!

Organize regional meets in your area, and help this car grow a cult like following.
Any North American, and regional information is welcome.
KuroNekko

I'd go if it wasn't 10.5 hours away... one way.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I'd go if it wasn't 10.5 hours away... one way.
Overnight trip? I know mine would have to be too.
sx4rocious

7 days away!!! I was worried we wouldn't have a good turn out. To be honest, I would have considered it successful with 5 cars confirmed. As of last night, we hit 7 confirmed with several more expected and the meet is still a week away. We have cars coming from as far away as Detroit and He's a VERY well know auto blogger and photographer, so the opportunity to have some really awesome Kizashi club promo is definately there. His Instagram foloowers number in the thousands as well as his Twitter feed. I'm really starting to get excited! (of course I live in Terre Haute, so I don't have the 10 hour drive either!!) BTW, if you haven't checked the online schedule on the club sx4 site, it has now become an entire weekend even including craching a Cars and Coffee event, 1/8th mile test and tune, GREAT food, and a real Indy 500 privately owned museum (real indy 500 winning cars!) Hope this might intice a couple more of you!!
SamirD

You're enticing me. 8-) Sounds like great fun! I wonder if my wife would like this trip? I'll have to ask her. :mrgreen:
sx4rocious

just mention that we have two coming from Chicago and one from Detroit. POSSIBLY one from CANADA!! (he is using it as a bonding weekend with his 15 year old son as long as he can talk his wife into letting him out of school for a few days.)
lockdoc3

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm almost 1400 miles away, I'd be going (I'm the guy mentioned in the previous post from Canada with the 15 year old son). I know the guys in Indiana, Illinois and Michigan have worked really hard to organize their 1st event. I hope everyone who's close enough tries to make it to at least some of the things going on at this meet.
After the event's over Sunday morning, why not go to the Indy 500 while you're in the area? It's only about 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
Terry McKee, CSN (Chief Suzuki Nut)
(I don't actually own a Kizashi, sorry)
-------------------------------------------------
2009 SX4 Sport sedan (current)
2008 SX4 JLX hatchback
2007 XL7
2004 Swift+
1990 Swift GL sedan
1987 Forsa
Woodie

An hour and fifteen minutes 360 days a year. The other five days the Indy 500 is going on and you have to add four hours to that drive time. LOL
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

Woodie wrote:An hour and fifteen minutes 360 days a year. The other five days the Indy 500 is going on and you have to add four hours to that drive time. LOL
Yep. I saw the same thing during the Talladega race in Alabama. RIDICULOUS traffic on the interstate.

I asked the wife and she gave me that look and a pity "I'll come with you." Nope, not happening. :(
sx4rocious

actually, the racetrack is on the interstate sure, but there is a much less traveled and WAY more scenic state highway that literally parrallels the interstate to get to Terre Haute. Actually, it's faster to begin with and is much less traveled on race weekends. I've been to Indy several times during the 500 and never had a problem when I took the highway...
sx4rocious

And i do wish you'd come SamirD. There will be several wives coming and the movie really looks to be funny for everyone. She may not like the drive, but I bet she'll have fun anyway!