The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
jimmerz

hocaspocas wrote:If you dont want DRL. Get the models for latin America. Those have the DRL deactivated. Why? Because is against the law to have the lights on during the day in some of these countries.

That suggestion poses just a few problems that I can think of immediately... :roll:
2010 Suzuki Kizashi SE
CVT AWD
Black
I stole the avatar because I liked it!
Northernstar

Toddashi wrote:Northernstar,

How ya doin? Are you talking about your DRL indicational light on your dash? It would make sense that this light extinguishes when turning on your high beams because the high beam and DRL functions share the same bulb - turning on the head lights or high beams will extinguish the DRL indication symbol. Though this may not be true in your case as you eluded to. Your Canadian Kizashi may indeed utilize the lower position light (U.S. models) for the DRL operation. Different countries have different regulations.

Heres how to find out for sure if your owners manual isn't specific:

1) For automatic Kizashis, start the vehicle in park (P) without engaging the emergency brake; make sure your headlights and high beams are off. Once the DRL sysmbol is showing on your dash, exit the vehicle to check which light is illuminated - either upper or lower. If it's the upper light, that's the DRL sharing the high beam H7 bulb.

2) for manual Kizashis, chock your wheels, start the car in neutral without engaging the emergency brake; follow the above directions.

Take care!
Hey man, what's up? I was actually talking about the light bulb itself, not the indication light on the dashboard. I guess US and Canada has different circuit diagram when it comes to DRL cus i know my kizashi utilizes the lower bulb for DRL and higher bulb for high beam.

i guess it makes it easier for us canadians to disconnect the DRL since we can just take the light bulb out without affecting high beam. i am actually thinking about change the DRL(lower bulb) to LED since i have 6000k HID installed on the car and DRL is always on when you have low beam on. it only goes off when you turn on the high beam. yellowish light doesn't mix with white light let me tell ya :(
AlexRuiz

Wow, I skipped this thread completely.

Hey Toddashi, thanks for the time dedicated to this DRL investigation. You are correct in your assessment of the DRL bulb/ position bulb. The position bulb illuminates with parklamp / headlamp ON. The bulb for the dRL is indeed the high beam bulb.

I was doing the research on DRL operation on my own also, and I had already concluded that a combination of an active low (GND) on pins 3 and 8 on the DRL module (pink wire, grey wire) were needed for DRL / high beam. I wasn't sure however how that combination was supposed to go for DRL (0-0, 0-1, 1-0) and if you still needed the wire in pin 8, or if you still needed the wire in pin 3 for headlamps. It is not possible to conclude it with just the waveform shown and the schematic, as the BCM might have had the software coded to look for high/low on pin 3 of the DRL module, not an open circuit. While the disconnect of DRL's module pin 3 was the most logical, your friend took a gamble ;)

Anyway, now that you have cleared my doubt, I will also disable DRL. Suzuki very likely chose the high beam bulb for DRL operation due to bulb life and the MVSS requirement to have low beams operational.

If you go higher intensity bulbs, those don't like reduced voltages, so disabling DRL is a must.

Thanks again

Alex
2010 Suzuki Kizashi S MT
zurazuzi

please tell me step by step how to turn off
thanks ahead