6000K Hids & LED DRL's

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
uforaverwill

Here are the pics of my Kizashi with 6000k HID's and LED DRL
Attachments
Car Pic #4.JPG
Car Pic #3.JPG
Car Pic #2.JPG
Car Pic #1.JPG
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Northernstar

nice HID! I have 6000k HID kit as well ^^
just wondering, for the LED DRL, does it still have the functionality of high beam??
uforaverwill

Northernstar wrote:nice HID! I have 6000k HID kit as well ^^
just wondering, for the LED DRL, does it still have the functionality of high beam??

The LED bulb does turn bright but you do not get as much light as you would a normal halogen bulb. The answer is yes.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Northernstar

thnx for the info~~i might change the high beam to LEDs
Northernstar

In the first pic you can see a small yellowish light bulbjust below the LED, I think that's the DRL. The one you replaced with the LED is acutally the high beam.
uforaverwill

Northernstar wrote:In the first pic you can see a small yellowish light bulbjust below the LED, I think that's the DRL. The one you replaced with the LED is acutally the high beam.

Yes I did change the high beam bulb but when I do turn my Kizashi, only the led bulbs come on. (the 2nd pic)
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
uforaverwill

Toddashi wrote:uforaverwill,

For the DRL LED's, would youy recommend any particular brand or web site to purchase from. Sharp looking mod.

I just purchased those h7 led bulbs off of ebay and I had them for a year now. I remember that the led bulbs are not that much. (around $6 bucks plus s&h) probably 8 to 10 bucks
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Northernstar

uforaverwill wrote:
Northernstar wrote:In the first pic you can see a small yellowish light bulbjust below the LED, I think that's the DRL. The one you replaced with the LED is acutally the high beam.

Yes I did change the high beam bulb but when I do turn my Kizashi, only the led bulbs come on. (the 2nd pic)
you meant the second pic is when only the DRL(LED bulb) is on and nothing else?
uforaverwill

Northernstar wrote:
uforaverwill wrote:

you meant the second pic is when only the DRL(LED bulb) is on and nothing else?

Yes sir. You are correct
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
uforaverwill

Toddashi wrote:Thanks for the info. Just ordered a H7 LED 68 SMD set myself.

The first pic he posted that shows the lower "yellowish" light is a 168 wedge halagen bulb and defined as position light in the manual. The upper light is the H7 high beam/DRL bulb.

Your Welcome! :D
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver