6000K Hids & LED DRL's

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Northernstar

ic, then i guess US and canada has different setup. for us canadian, the lower bulb(the one below LED bulb) is actually the DRL and high beam uses the higher bulb.
uforaverwill

Northernstar wrote:ic, then i guess US and canada has different setup. for us canadian, the lower bulb(the one below LED bulb) is actually the DRL and high beam uses the higher bulb.

It's the same setup.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Northernstar

uforaverwill wrote:
Northernstar wrote:ic, then i guess US and canada has different setup. for us canadian, the lower bulb(the one below LED bulb) is actually the DRL and high beam uses the higher bulb.

It's the same setup.
how is it the same? in the second pic you said only the DRL (LED bulb) is on and position light (lower bulb) is off. In canada, DRL is the lower bulb not the higher one.
vipkizashi

Got my 10,000K HID's installed. It was much easier then I thought it would be took about 30 minutes. Thanks for the pics and all the info!
2011 Kizashi SE CVT AWD.
Platinum silver metallic
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Alpine Type R 15"
Elemental designs nine.1 amp
Fat-mat sound deadening.
10,000K HID's
uforaverwill

Northernstar wrote:
uforaverwill wrote:

It's the same setup.
how is it the same? in the second pic you said only the DRL (LED bulb) is on and position light (lower bulb) is off. In canada, DRL is the lower bulb not the higher one.

Yes it is. Somehow when I replace my high beam H7 bulb with a LED bulb, my lower DRL does not come on unless I turn them on. So, now the LED bulb automatically comes on when I start my car. Does this make any sense to you or are you still confused.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
uforaverwill

vipkizashi wrote:Got my 10,000K HID's installed. It was much easier then I thought it would be took about 30 minutes. Thanks for the pics and all the info!

Sweet. Can you post some pics when you get a chance? Let me know how is the light output on the ground is. I just know that the higher the kelvin, the lesser light output.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
Northernstar

ic, i think i will try to replace DRL instead of high beam with LED and see what happens~~thnx dude