Foam Filling

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
Woodie

puckaveli wrote:It's all pointless really, unless you have tons of other suspension upgrades and drive the car on the limits of traction, which no one does on public roads, you will NOT notice a slightly stiffer sway bar and chassis.
Stiffer chassis no, unless the car has a weakness most people are not going to notice a stiffer chassis.

Sway bars, on the other hand, are VERY noticeable and subtle changes there make the car feel different. They're usually the last thing that gets decided on in suspension tuning. When they say suspension tuned at the Nürbergring, that's what's going on. The suspension engineers, NVH engineers, and some marketing types are at the track with a truck full of sway bars and shock absorbers trying to decide on the final tune of the car. The bean counters are sitting back at the office screaming "enough already, we need you to sign off on the car so we can start building them!"
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Ronzuki

puckaveli wrote:It's all pointless really, unless you have tons of other suspension upgrades and drive the car on the limits of traction, which no one does on public roads, you will NOT notice a slightly stiffer sway bar and chassis.
:lol: You'd need to take a ride w/ me sometime then...I feel the stock rear sway bar giving up the ghost quite often on the back road twisties (can't say about any chasis issues). I throw it around hard and the car always remains between the lines ;) ....that's the beauty of owning and driving one of these things, it handles.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
murcod

Buy a larger rear sway bar Ron - while they're still available. You won't beat it for a "value for the money" improvement. I hated that feeling that the rear end was pitching further and further - taking over control through corners.
David