K&N Air Filter or Air Intake Kit???

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
kckizashi30

I have had my Kizashi for 2 weeks and love it! I have read in other threads good things about the K&N filter in the Kizashi but nothing about installing an Air Intake system. The KN is roughly $50 the air intake is $100 or more. Also on previous Suzuki's I have owned everyone has told me wait until 5,000 miles before putting in a K&N filter or adding anything to help performance. Anyone have some input on this subject?
will2k

Im thinking about getting a drop in K&N myself. Was going to get a CAI but the stock setup with the scoop under the bonnet seems pretty efficient so to keep it stock i might just replace the panel filter with a K&N.

Not sure about the 5000 miles thing. I know some people that modded their car as soon as they got it. Im sure a simple panel filter replacement would be fine.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
rally rob

will2k wrote:Im thinking about getting a drop in K&N myself. Was going to get a CAI but the stock setup with the scoop under the bonnet seems pretty efficient so to keep it stock i might just replace the panel filter with a K&N.

Not sure about the 5000 miles thing. I know some people that modded their car as soon as they got it. Im sure a simple panel filter replacement would be fine.
I agree with you about scoop under the bonnet system, looks like a pretty good setup. I am contemplating the same thing . Volant has always kept there intake systems enclosed and and away from engine heat. My engine gets pretty dang hot. Hmmm Cold Air Intake . Cold air comeing in from the grill into the stock scoop and directly into the airfilter. I dont know if its is better to have an open and exposed air filter with all that engine heat. I will have see more reviews about the SRI take system before i make the purchase. I might just do the K&N filter as well for now.