Definitive guide for lights with wipers

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
keith

Six pages of instructions which I obtained from Suzuki UK.
Doc1.doc
(93.5 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
Doc2.doc
(103 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Doc3.doc
(70 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
Doc4.doc
(150 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Doc5.doc
(162.5 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Doc6.doc
(853 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
You may like to start from page 4 and adjust the light sensor to "turns on at higher light intensity" before trying the auto light feature.
You should also note the lights will only come on with the wipers once a full sweep pattern is determined by the sensor, not mist mode. lights will stay on with mist mode once engaged.
SamirD

Very cool! I know there's a bunch of programming tricks like this that can be used on cars from all around the world. 8-) Thank you for sharing!
zakizashi

I have tried this on my 2012 CVT FWD, but nothing happens! Where is the clearance lights?

I have tried changing the Light Sensor setting, tried doing the initialisation, but no joy.

I have looked OP's attached instructions, the instruction I have attached, as well as the ones found at this link: http://workshop-manuals.com/suzuki/kiza ... /page_507/
Attachments
Rain Light Sensor Setting Change Procedure.pdf
(63.03 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Last edited by zakizashi on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPSISRL

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AkOPdGqmmciDdgdO2z0CALHKJtI

I've attached a link to the pages out of the manual outlining the same procedure and it also has programming the auto-headlights. The formatting is good for printing or viewing on a tablet for in your car.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
SamirD

Nice! Very useful pdf!
zakizashi

Thanks, but when I follow the steps, absolutely nothing happens!. My car DOES have the auto lights and wipers, and they DO work - I just want to change HOW they work.
SamirD

zakizashi wrote:Thanks, but when I follow the steps, absolutely nothing happens!. My car DOES have the auto lights and wipers, and they DO work - I just want to change HOW they work.
I haven't tried these myself, but knowing how particular the car is when setting up for tpms relearn, you have to follow everything very precisely and even then there's some wiggle room as the instructions may not be absolutely perfect. Just keep trying and we'll help where we can. 8-)
Woodie

There was a similar programming hack to disable DRL's posted here a couple of years back. I never got it to work, tried on three different occasions.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
SamirD

Woodie wrote:There was a similar programming hack to disable DRL's posted here a couple of years back. I never got it to work, tried on three different occasions.
I remember that one. I think the only way to disable the DRL was actually a wiring modification. I too was interested in the software solution because the same car was probably just programmed for the different regions vs completely different designs. Too bad we haven't yet cracked the code on it.
zakizashi

SamirD wrote:I haven't tried these myself, but knowing how particular the car is when setting up for tpms relearn, you have to follow everything very precisely and even then there's some wiggle room as the instructions may not be absolutely perfect. Just keep trying and we'll help where we can. 8-)
OK, I got it! I was not waiting the 3 seconds as per the instructions, but rather more like 4. So now my car's lights should come on BEFORE dark, and also when the wipers sense rain.
Perfect!