What tires are best?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
TB16

Yes. Petrol/Gasoline mileage is around 10 Km/Litre. The CNG mileage is 22 Km/Kg. I drive with a light foot so that helps alot. It you keep servicing the car every 10k KM, nothing will happen. Longevity will be the same as petrol.
TB16

SamirD wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:37 pm
TB16 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:55 pm
That's what I was thinking. I think your rear tires are fakes. That would explain the poor wear.
I highly doubt that because my front 2 tyres are still almost fresh. As a matter of fact my front left tyre (which has a different tread from the other 3) was the one i was suspecting to be old and defective. I think I'll have to get my rear suspension checked once. That seems to be the cause of it.
SamirD

TB16 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:27 am
SamirD wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:37 pm
TB16 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:55 pm
That's what I was thinking. I think your rear tires are fakes. That would explain the poor wear.
I highly doubt that because my front 2 tyres are still almost fresh. As a matter of fact my front left tyre (which has a different tread from the other 3) was the one i was suspecting to be old and defective. I think I'll have to get my rear suspension checked once. That seems to be the cause of it.
Mismatched tires can have all sorts of effects, although it doesn't seem like you have any suspension or alignment issues at all since the two rears are completely even--that's what proper tire wear would look like if you ride them to the bones. ;) I know this all too well from experience, lol.
SamirD

TB16 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:55 am Yes. Petrol/Gasoline mileage is around 10 Km/Litre. The CNG mileage is 22 Km/Kg. I drive with a light foot so that helps alot. It you keep servicing the car every 10k KM, nothing will happen. Longevity will be the same as petrol.
Interesting. So strange that this isn't done in the rest of the world--I've only seen it in India.
TB16

Yes. I've seen only 1 more kizashi on CNG once but that was before i installed mine. Considering only 775 units of the car were sold in entire India, highly unlikely I'll see another one.
SamirD

TB16 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:58 am Yes. I've seen only 1 more kizashi on CNG once but that was before i installed mine. Considering only 775 units of the car were sold in entire India, highly unlikely I'll see another one.
Yes, we definitely have a rare bird indeed.
GHB

As these cars age, the rear alignment tends to become a problem. The vehicle naturally settles with rear toe going out, wearing tire tread on the inside . This is supposed to be handled easily with a 4 wheel alignment although rust prone areas like mine, customers usually get the "you need some expensive parts replace before car can be aligned" message. I have been successful at forcing the adjusters and setting toe. See cheap fix tire wear in technical. your wear appears even across tread . Your may be fine but I would check it. Your one tire may be on backwards making it appear different.

I read that Tech article and I found it helpful though slightly confusing. I am definitely having massive rear tire uneven wear on only the rear tires and on both rear tires being totally worn down on the inside with lots of thread on the outside. So what I am trying to figure out here is this primarily a camber problem or a toe problem, or both?

The good news is that my bolts are not over rusted over. And may actually not be frozen. So am trying to be sure of what I need to do here. Camber seems obvious so I am thinking that needs to be adjusted first. But I want to make sure that adjusting the nut on the aluminum/steel arm is the camber adjustment?
GHB

Second question on camber, can shock absorbers impact that or toe or tire wear.
old tech

The camber is not really a tire wearing angle. With the age and rust in my area, I try to make sure its in the acceptable range and avoid fine tuning which most likely lead to expensive , hard to get part replacement. The toe is very necessary to get set it correctly. If rust isnt a problem in your area then thats great, have the alignment professionally done with setting both camber and toe to the desired spec.
GHB

Well, there is zero sign of rust on either the two or camber adjustments. Just in case I went under and shoot us some penetrating oil. I have no problems getting the nuts loose. So I took it into get aligned, Front no problem. They said was froze and could not align. Bummer! Right rear is very bad for the toe. So, I went back under and loosened the nut, with no real problem, I see know rust either at all that would cause it to be rust welded. Yet it won't move even with a breaker bar. Quite frustrating. I am trying to get some penetrating oil into it. Not sure how these things work. I am not a mechanic by any means, especially with the new models. If I have to go for the Camry fix, not sure how to go about it. What exactly am I looking for?

I think I can find a local welder to do the needful. Just want to be able to accurately tell him what to do. I can not leave it as it is. I do not have endless funds to put into this.

I was wondering why the dealer I bought it from put on two new back tires, now, 18K miles later. Understand why?