USB adapter for aftermarket radio CONFIRMED!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
chase24870

Hey all,

Just did a head unit swap (JVC KW-V30BT ftw!) and in some of the threads I read there was some uncertainty as to which adapter is needed to use the factory USB port on aftermarket stereos. So, I took the plunge and bought one that a thread recommended but no one in the thread confirmed whether it worked or not. So, here I am to confirm that the Axxess subaru usb adapter (ax-subsub) DOES in fact work perfectly! Only thing I can say recommendations-wise, is during the install be very careful with that usb port (especially if you're in the CVT Kiz), because it can fall through its own hole under the console. I spent a pretty good while trying to get it out, and if I had just been more careful it wouldn't have fallen.

Anyways, here's a link to the adapter.

Thanks for reading!
SamirD

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!
chazyouwin

Hi, I just bought this Axxess AX-SUBUSB piece. How does one install it? I took the USB collar off and the USB piece does not come out of the hole. Thought it would be easy to get out, plug it in and pull the old wire through. Nothing doing, at least not without insight.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.