'11 GTS: swap nav for non-nav?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
KuroNekko

kconklin33 wrote: Side note, The Kenwood from my experience is awful as is the sound system that matched. I was sure the Rocksford system would sound good in the SLS but I've found that not to be the case. I've played with all the settings numerous times and still cannot get it to sound good. The only time I hear bass is when the stereo is cranked to almost max volume output (With the bass turned up as high as it goes). My base line S model sounds head over heels better.
Yeah, from personal experience, forum member discussions, and professional auto reviews, it seems like the non-navigation Rockford Fosgate stereo systems have the best audio quality by far. I have this set-up in my GTS and absolutely love it. It sounds amazing with deep bass and works flawlessly with USB input and Bluetooth phone and audio streaming. Some auto journalists have said the Kizashi's non-nav RF system is actually better than some audio systems in luxury cars that cost much more.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
RedGeminiPA

I thought I ran across a thread talking about a line converter being used by Suzuki that was the cause of the sound quality issues. I'll have to see if I can find it.
2011 Sport GTS FWD CVT Nav
Altoona PA
RedGeminiPA

This thread kinda puts it into some perspective.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... +gps#p9263

I'm still digging around for a way to do something about it while keeping the existing head unit. Not that it's great, but I really don't want to get into any more work than I have to with this. My days of heavily modifying factory sound systems are somewhat behind me, at least when I already have a pretty good stock system. It's more of the integration with the RF amp etc. I fought with the system in my old '01 Outback VDC with the factory McIntosh system that I could never get just right.

If push comes to shove, I'll live with what I have. I don't feel it NEEDS improvement, but I'd like to have the system running at its full potential.
Altoona PA
RedGeminiPA

Does anyone have any pictures of the back of the Kenwood head unit? I really want to see the connectors, and I'm not in a hurry to rip the dash apart until it's time to do something about this.
Altoona PA