Air vents whistle noise

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
dmitche

So ive noticed when i turn on my air vents past the halfway mark, a whistling noise can be heard coming from the vents. What is this? anyone else experience this?
fasteddie

dmitche wrote:So ive noticed when i turn on my air vents past the halfway mark, a whistling noise can be heard coming from the vents. What is this? anyone else experience this?
Make sure that the cabin air filter enclosure cover is closed completely (behind the glove box owners manual shelf- slide to right and remove to expose white plastic cover)
Also, check the cleanliness of the filter while you're at it.
KuroNekko

fasteddie wrote:
dmitche wrote:So ive noticed when i turn on my air vents past the halfway mark, a whistling noise can be heard coming from the vents. What is this? anyone else experience this?
Make sure that the cabin air filter enclosure cover is closed completely (behind the glove box owners manual shelf- slide to right and remove to expose white plastic cover)
Also, check the cleanliness of the filter while you're at it.
This.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dmitche

I have a k&n air filter that I cleaned about a month ago so i know its clean. ill check the lid closure.

*UPDATE: Yep, the lid wasnt closed all the way properly. What happened was 2 years ago, when I went in for my 2nd or 3rd oil change, the mechanic who checked my cabin air filter told me it was dirty and needed replaced. Well he must've not put the lid back on all the way and secured it, thus explaining why when i went to change out the filter a couple weeks ago after 2 years of not changing it, the lid fell off like it wasnt attached, which would explain why there was a whistling noise when i turned on the fan at full speed one time after the mechanic looked at my cabin air filter. But now its securely back in place and no more whistling noise. Thank you guys.
dslatsh

Mine did the same thing today on my drive home. I remembered reading about this and checked and could hear the whistler coming from the cabin filter compartment. My question is though...has anyone noticed how easy it just pulls off? It doesn't seem like you have to pinch the tabs on the side down just gotta pull on both sides a little and it pops off. Is this normal?
LPSISRL

I changed mine on Saturday and it was secure. I had to press the tabs.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)