Light indicator and cruise light disconnect?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
sloopercat

I love the way you can dim the dash lights. Great for long night drives. Then you have the glaring Cruise indicator lights and that stupid lights on indicator. Has anybody had the instrument cluster out? I would like to disable those lights. I can tell when the cruise is on, so no need for lights that tell me that. The lights on indicator is worthless, it is on all the time.
I have used electrical tape on other cars to cover them, but would really like to just turn these things off.
slyderz3

Can't help with actually disabling the lights (would also be interested in this mod), but I have found that I can adjust the seat and steering wheel such that the top of the steering wheel blocks the lights indicators. Not perfect, but much easier on the eyes.

My thought was to even just change the color of the light indicators from bright green to amber, white or red (like the rest of the interior) would be nice. Best of luck!