I did a double muffler delete to my exhaust, and here's what I have to say on it!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
kconklin33

Your exhaust has a nice rumble to it! Not too loud but still throaty. If you're looking to stay cost efficient I picked up 10' of 2.5" straight pipe at carquest for $40. Granted I bent and welded the setup myself. Those "mock" mufflers should deff add some more rumble. I actually first started by doing a muffler delete and noticed a significant increase in exhaust note. I doubt you will get maximum volume though using the stock 1.5" pipe between the resonator you replaced and those "mock" mufflers. Personally I would just buy 2 14" pieces of pipe and run it out instead of those but that's just my opinion
wobki

thanks, it does sound pretty nice huh. The pipe is only 1.5"? i thought it was 2" pipe. at this point i guess might as well get all new piping run. there is still a stock small resonator thing in my pipe, im hoping to not get too much drone.
kconklin33

To the best of my recollection it was something in between 1.5 and 2" I though it was 2" and was proven wrong when I went to do my resonator delete. I actually planned on only doing that as well as the muffler delete and keep the stock piping all the way through the rest. Well I cut my resonator out went to put in the small length of pipe that i bought and it was wayy bigger than the stock piping. So at that point I had an exhaust system that was cut at the cat lol. That's when i decided it hell with it and just replaced all of it.
Endeavour1200

I'm thinking of deleting the 2 mufflers at the back just before the tips and running a simple pipe from there, so is there a video or something available that gives me an idea of the sound? Also will this be excessively loud? I don't want the car to scream under 2k rpms.