Had a full cat-back exhaust made, here's what I have to say!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
chase24870

Hey everybody!

So you may have read my previous thread on the straight pipes here http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =28&t=3997

Before, we left the pre-muffler and resonator in, just cutting off the final 2 mufflers. So in order to pass inspection I decided to have a cat back system made. I upgraded the piping from 2" to 2.25", and have it running straight from the cat to two 12" glasspacks. Here's a video!

And here's an update to the review I have before!

Startup and Idle : Definitely a lot louder than before, a bit deeper than before.

1.5 - 3k : A lot louder than before, before it was pretty easy to keep the car quiet, but now it's very very loud. I get both good and bad stares rolling through my neighborhood, even when I'm trying my hardest to keep the revs low this thing screams. Also drones quite a bit, I could definitely see it being too loud for most people. Music and road noise doesn't completely drown it out. On highways, it drones bad. Like even with music playing I can hear it, with the windows down its fine but you have to really crank up the tunes to drown out the exhaust. And that's the 1.5 - 2.5k the engine sits at when cruising at 70. You even touch the throttle, you hear it for sure. Oddly enough, it seems to get quieter the higher you go in revs on the interstate!

3k - 5k : Getting even louder, then the "brapping" comes in as you can hear in the video, VERY loud. Oddly enough road noise even at 25-30mph drowns it out completely, you can still hear the rumble of the exhaust though. If you're pulling out from a stop and get up to 3k though it's very very loud, music does nothing to drown it out. I like it, but I could see a lot of people not liking it.

5k - redline : Definitely doesn't sound stock anymore, a but higher pitched but loud loud loud.

Decelerating : Still sounds awesome. The exhaust crackles I mentioned before are a lot louder, and I LOVE that.

Ultimately, replacing just the two final mufflers will give you a deeper sound while keeping the usability of a grocery getter, but doing the cat back definitely gives it a huge boost in sound, for most people I could see this being too much, hopefully the video demonstrates that.

This mod is not for the faint of heart, be forewarned. I love it, but I could easily see a lot of people having buyer's remorse from this mod.
Last edited by Moto on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
DesRado

Drone was the one thing I was afraid of as far as getting the cat back from RRM. I went with 2 Borla mufflers instead. No real drone at all and music can easily drown out the exhaust on the highway on vol. 10. I've been told my car can be heard a couple streets over. I bet my neighbors love me driving home early mornings.
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP