LED Light to DRL Light

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
campus23

Hello to my kizashi I have DRL in the road, light. I have a question whether it is possible to mount a led light h7, in the road light, to also have the same DRL (same as the halogen h7)
KuroNekko

campus23 wrote:Hello to my kizashi I have DRL in the road, light. I have a question whether it is possible to mount a led light h7, in the road light, to also have the same DRL (same as the halogen h7)
Do you mean installing a LED kit for the DRL? If you are in the US or Canada, the Kizashi uses the high beam bulbs as DRLs when the headlights are off. You can change the H7 halogen bulbs to LEDs. I have done this process. See the link below.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4127
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
campus23

So I have DRL on the road light. Question whether LED h7 will shine less as DRL and will not be destroyed?
KuroNekko

campus23 wrote:So I have DRL on the road light. Question whether LED h7 will shine less as DRL and will not be destroyed?
What do you mean by "road light"? The DRL system (in North America) uses the high beam H7 in low wattage whenever the car is on and the hand brake is down. You will want to verify this set-up to see if you have DRLs.

As for a LED kit, yes, it can work as DRLs. I have them. Just make sure to buy a proper kit with drivers and also get capacitors. The DRL system uses pulsed width modulation which makes LEDs flicker. Capacitors resolve this issue but make the LEDs considerably brighter as DRLs than halogens. However, they are still not full power like in high beam mode.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)