Thinking of painting brake calipers..

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
will2k

I've been thinking of an easy yet tasteful mod to bring a little more attention to my kizashi and i thought of painting the brake calipers! I've seen a lot of DIY guides on the internet and videos on youtube and as long as you take the neccessary time to do it properly and with the right materials i think it can turn out well.

Anyone else thinking of doing this?

If i were to do it i would paint them either red or a light blue/silver type colour.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
TheHolyGhost

I hadn't really thought about it, but I'm sure it could look good. There is enough open space in the wheels that it would be pretty noticeable as well. Good luck!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
metatrox

Yes! I too have been looking to do this. Just need to buy caliper paint and take wheel off. Minimal prep and masking off. Let us know if you do it. Imma try to do mine before summer is up.

Maybe for fun I'll cut out my own brembo stickers and put on. Lol
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
TheHolyGhost

Metatrox wrote:Maybe for fun I'll cut out my own brembo stickers and put on. Lol
I was thinking the same thing!
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
will2k

I done a quick photoshop at home and painted them red to get a quick idea and i think they look good.

With the rims i have on they would be quite noticeable also.

This weekend im going to buy all the equipment but then it's just a matter of finding the time because i don't want to drive my car the day after i paint them to make sure the paint has cured properly.

Weather is starting to warm up here slightly so it's looking like in a few weeks will be the perfect time. I'll post my quick photoshop tonight when i get home.
MODS: catback exhaust, RRM SRI, 6000k HID, white led's all round, 22% tint, Rear swaybar, LED drl's, chrome stealth turn signal, scanguage II.

Sound system: 2 x Alpine 6.5" speakers, 2ch Pioneer amp and Fusion 10" subwoofer tube
metatrox

Sounds good. Yeah I'm not sure if the sls wheels will show it very much.
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
KizzyOHIO

I did it on my Saabaru and it came out pretty good... bought the kit from the tire rack. I plan on painting mine red (again) as soon as I replace my wheels. Should match my red pin stripe nicely!!!
tires.jpg
2010 White Manual Kizzy "S" -riding badgeless-
will2k

Nice rims kizzyohio, perfect for showing off those calipers!

KCKizashi

TheHolyGhost wrote:
Metatrox wrote:Maybe for fun I'll cut out my own brembo stickers and put on. Lol
I was thinking the same thing!
another idea might be to cut out the Suzuki "S" shape, put it on after the paint, then do several more layers of clear-coat. It might look like the S was embedded in the paint. Just a thought :idea:
Photoshop of Logo
Photoshop of Logo
Brakes_W_Logo.jpg (78.12 KiB) Viewed 9235 times
2010 Platinum Silver GTS AWD
will2k

Bought some red caliper paint resistent to 900F.

Just need to find the time! This weekend coming up is a long weekend here but my girlfriends wants to go out etc so i dunno if i can do it. I need a whole day to do it properly without me driving the car at all :?