LED headlights

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SAEED_KIZZY

KuroNekko wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:29 pm
Nice picture. I think the fog light is also different in this picture, as my car aftermarket fog light with two DRL LED bars on each side.
photo_2021-05-14_23-38-39.jpg
photo_2021-05-14_23-38-39.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 5382 times
NickL

@KurroNekko

Thanks for such a detailed informations and honest opionion. Well to be honest, I never met anyone who knows more about Kizashi than you, beeing armed with so many different informations even about how the Kizashi and its features look like for all diferent markets in entire world. My respect for you, man!

Anyway, in many European countries it is required to have the DRL, and if the car doesn't have it (like LED stripes on a bumper or arround headlight) you are required to use low beams as DLR which I find ridicilous. However, I am lucky that in Germany they don't require this bullshit so I don't have to waste my low beams whenever I drive a car during the day.

Aftter your post I am definitely not gooing to upgrade high beams with LEDs, because from one side, as you said halogens will illuminate the road better and from other side, I really rarely use high beams, even on a highway. There is always someone in front of me or coming from an opposite direction and I just don't want to blind the people with high beams as much as i want them not to blind me.

That beeing said, I will just upgrade the position lights to LED and maybe upgrade low beam bulbs to some that give a bit more white light and done.

Anyway, few days ago I drove several colleagues from job in my Kizashi. Nobody knew what kind of cat it was and they were pleasantly suprised with the car, and asked me questions how did I find out about this car and where did i buy it. They all said it's a good car and i just smiled and said it's not so bad.

Man, i just like this car! :)
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:33 pm @KurroNekko

Thanks for such a detailed informations and honest opionion. Well to be honest, I never met anyone who knows more about Kizashi than you, beeing armed with so many different informations even about how the Kizashi and its features look like for all diferent markets in entire world. My respect for you, man!
My information on the Kizashi largely comes from the other members of this forum who hail from all over the world. I only know about specs, options, and features from different markets because global members report on them here.
I'm not a professional mechanic so there are others like Old Tech who know way more than I do about the Kizashi, especially in a mechanical sense. I've just been on this forum for several years and like sharing about the Kizashi and other Suzukis. Suzuki left the US and Canadian markets in 2012 (the same year I bought my used Kizashi) so I valued the information and resources on this forum from the start as we Kizashi owners were "orphaned" here.
Sadly, over the years, I've seen many forum members move on from the Kizashi for a range of reasons. However, new members join up too and keep the forum alive.
I regret I don't really have the time like I used to in the past to post on this forum but I'm glad to see that people still share and contribute.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
NickL

Exactly. The members and their post4 are the one who keep Forum alive.

There is also one Kizashi forum on German Language. Since Germany is the biggest car market in Europe, the Forum is, I suppouse, dedicated to the people who live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland to share their informations and experiences about the car. I can bet that they occassionally do meetings and hangouts since people in Germany are so passionate about good cars. However, since I became member here, I really didn't feel the need to become the member on the other Forum because I basically always find here what I need, thanks to you guys. Good to have you arround. :)
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". H. Ford
KuroNekko

NickL wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm Exactly. The members and their post4 are the one who keep Forum alive.

There is also one Kizashi forum on German Language. Since Germany is the biggest car market in Europe, the Forum is, I suppouse, dedicated to the people who live in Germany, Austria or Switzerland to share their informations and experiences about the car. I can bet that they occassionally do meetings and hangouts since people in Germany are so passionate about good cars. However, since I became member here, I really didn't feel the need to become the member on the other Forum because I basically always find here what I need, thanks to you guys. Good to have you arround. :)
Without a doubt, there are other good Kizashi communities out there. I think there is another English-language-based Kizashi forum that's a sub-forum of a larger Suzuki owners site. I also know that there are forums in other languages for this vehicle and we've had some of those members visit and post here in the past. I recall a Chinese guy posting pictures on here of a Kizashi meet in China with several Kizashis. I'm also sure there must be a scene in Japan where this car was made because Suzuki is a big name there but the Kizashi was a rare and special car in Japan. It just makes sense that language is the main factor for any online forum so people will gravitate to forums in the language they are proficient or fluent in. No surprise that this site consists of mostly American, Canadian, UK, and Australian members but we have some Indian, South American, Middle Eastern, and other European members as well. I think it's one of the fun aspects of owning a global-production vehicle even if it was rare.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)