Beige Interior Mod

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
alandee83

I have beige interior (Deep Sea Blue exterior) and wanted to break up some of the beige on the dash and the doors as well as some of the black on the center console (radio, A/C, etc.). I painted the hard plastic around the door handles (except for the speaker grills) and around the window switches on the doors black. The front air vents and the air vents on the posts next to the doors are now black. I attached a rosewood laminate to the center console. See the attached picture.

I think my next step will be to paint the rest of the hard plastic (along the bottom and side) on the doors black and get black floor mats.

Thoughts? Hit or miss? Thanks.
Front.JPG
metatrox

That looks super great!!! I really like that.

When we went shopping I totally disliked the beige interior but with those black accents it really makes it look a lot better.

Great Job!
2010 SLS, Platinum Silver.
autopiolet

I put black mats in my beige SLS. I like the contrast and it picks up the dash etc. I do wish it was a two tone interior I thinks it would really enhance the interior. I am to quite ready to get out the spray can though. :P
alandee83

Thanks, Metatrox.

autopiolet, are your black floor mats "Kizashi" mats? If so, where did you get them? Thanks.
autopiolet

alandee83 wrote:Thanks, Metatrox.

autopiolet, are your black floor mats "Kizashi" mats? If so, where did you get them? Thanks.
I ordered my mats through the Suzuki dealer. The were about $120 front and back. Those beige mats weren't going to last long so I'll put them back in when it come to trade for the Turbo and 7 speed automatic - :mrgreen:
jblanchard5

Was the laminate a Kizashi kit? where did you get it? I want to do it too!
JIM
2010 Kizashi SE (new 09/27/10)
White Water Pearl
KHCreason

On a slightly unrelated note, Whether I end up with a Kizashi or a tC, I am going to get the Azure grey exterior and have red leather put in and have red floor mats and interior accents, or if I end up with the red exterior I'm going to have black leather put in (I want a GTS) and still have red floor mats and accents.

So I guess I'm going for the black/bits of red look.

On topic, two-toned tan and black look fantastic. The new Ford Focus has it, and instead of the lame all-tan, it has tan seats and tan accents and tan headliner on an otherwise black interior. Looks very nice.

I bet the Kizashi looks great that way as well :)
jblanchard5

I'd also like to find brushed aluminum inserts for the steering wheel. Wood would probably look cool too!
JIM
White Water Pearl
jblanchard5

Actually just saw this on eBay. lots of different patterns. I wonder how flat they lay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-K ... ccessories
JIM
White Water Pearl
alandee83

I went with the Sherwood Dash kit because they print on it what is covered up by the wood (volume, "XM", etc.). This is the site where I found the least expensive: http://www.autoanything.com/dash-kits/75A4150A0A0.aspx

I bought the CARiD.com Dask Kit first but didn't like the fit and they had no printing. Fortunately, they were easy to return. Note that they are not returnable to autoanything.com.

They lay flat but do conform to curves - even the compartment cover below the A/C. They fit very well. Very aggressive adhesive so you want to do a couple of practice dry fit ups first.