Replacement of rockford fosgate radio with Garmin radio

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
campus23

please help and answer if I can exchange the rockfor fosgate radio for the Garmin plug & play radio? Alternatively, please tell me what should be bought or changed to mount a large lcd radio. thank you in advance for your reply
Legoboy0109

I've personally replaced the factory head unit in my 2011 Kizashi with the RF system in it. If that's what you're asking, it's a pretty standard procedure. The only bits that are unique to the car are the odd stock wiring harness you'll need to remove that's covered in a foam material, then you can hook up a properly wired harness for your aftermarket head unit, which you'll need the version that has the black box, like this.

The only things you might need, are the antenna adapter if you want it, a steering wheel control adapter, again, only if you want it, and a soldering iron and the skills to replace it.
"What's worse, thinking that you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?"
-Aaron/Shane Carruth, Primer