Valve train at 127k

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
LPSISRL

1.jpeg
1.jpeg (103.33 KiB) Viewed 4436 times
I've been seeing some oil in the undercover panels. Looks like it may be from the valve cover. Replaced it today.
So this is what my valve train looks like with 128K miles on it.
Last edited by LPSISRL on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
old tech

How ever you are taking care of this car, keep it up . This looks beautifully clean.
LPSISRL

Thanks. There was nothing but a film of oil on the underside of the valve cover as well. Oil changes were at no more than about 5K miles. Started off using name brand synthetic oils but switched to Super Tech synthetic several years ago. Oil filters have been Bosch (preferred), K&N (although I notice more rattle on startup with K&N) and Mobil (when Bosch is not available).
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)