replacing rear shock

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
SAEED_KIZZY

first, there is a great thread to get info about rear shock TSB and issues https://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3186
and here is my DIY rear shock replacement on 2012 Kizashi FWD:
yesterday I saw an oil leak from the rear right shock I knew someday shock will fail eventually so 2 years ago I ordered 2 sets of dust cover part number is = 42250-57L03
1.jpg
2.jpg
This is the first oil leak of my car after 10 years I was really so excited to address this issue :D so I go to market and fortunately, there are 2 options
1- OE shock with part number = 41810-57L00 price around 111$
2- KYB aftermarket shock with part number = 349141 prices around 85$
I bought 1 set of OE shock but I saw OE on the car is also KYB but with Suzuki part number printed on it.
3.jpg
4.jpg
jack up the car and remove the rear right wheel and remove fender lining too. in order to remove the lower bolt I use a 19 mm ratchet wrench it helped a lot to speed up the process also I used another jack to push the lower control arm up in order to remove the bolt.
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
the go up and remove two 12mm bolts and also three 14mm bolts the remove old shock and inspect
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
and correct original shock does not have a special groove to guide water(Kizashi rear shock TSB ) so needs to be replaced with a new one maybe that was the root cause of this problem!

installing a new shock was easy but some notes from the service manual
1- according to SM support bolt should be replaced and each service because of some kind of thread lock materials so I order bolts because of it but after seeing old bolts I think it can be reused with some red thread lock. anyway I replaced the bolt with a new one part number of bolt = 41891-57L00-000 and bolt washer = 41893-57L00-000
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
Last edited by SAEED_KIZZY on Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SAEED_KIZZY

16.jpg
17.jpg
also, there is a note on SM to install upper bracket bolts that need to be fastened in the correct order
18.jpg
and here is the final installation of the RR shock absorber I think sooner or later left shock will also fail and need to be replaced like this one.
19.jpg