RRM Short Ram Intake and RRM Piggyback ECU Order Placed!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
AFREaKA.Man

Hmmmmm... well, I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping to hear you say it was a noticeable improvement regarding a hp gain... still, it's good to know that the engine note it definitely more aggressive and that the responsiveness has improved. I should be receiving my sri and piggyback ecu sometime later this week... I'm hoping that the combination will do the trick... I'll let you all know, but it could be a bit before I get them installed since I have a really bad back and will need some warmer weather (don't have an inside garage).
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
AFREaKA.Man

Okay,

The moment you've all been waiting for (okay, maybe not everyone). I managed to install the Road Race Short Ram Intake and the Road Race Piggyback ECU on Sunday. First I removed the stock air induction system and the drop-in K&N air filter, then I installed installed the SRI. Before going any further, I decided to give it a test drive for comparison's sake.

Thoughts? Well, the best way to compare the SRI to the drop-in K&N filter is to like this... basically, whereas the drop-in K&N filter provided some slight improvement to the stock air filter in regards to responsiveness, the SRI provides a slight improvement to the drop-in K&N filter in regards to responsiveness, with the added bonus of a lower growl (engine note) from the engine. Next, I installed the Piggyback ECU and have been driving for two days now with it.

Thoughts? Well, first off, it's a noticeable improvement with the lag that everyone with the CVT is experiencing. Also, it seems like I can now spin my wheels if I'm pulling out from a stop and making an immediate right or left turn. Additionally, it seems like the car does a better job pulling from 6th gear at lower RPMs. So basically, with both items installed, it's noticeably more responsive with an arguably better engine note. However, thus far I'm not seeing an improvement in average MPG.

Verdict: Is it worth the money?

Well, that's a relative question... here's my answer:
Yes.

And simply put, here's why:
Ya see, I wasn't fooled into thinking that I was buying a fast car. And let's all be honest, the Kizashi isn't fast. However, it's a great handlng car that provides a fun drive for the daily driver. What once was a boring drive to the grocery store now becomes an enjoyable race to the super market finish line! These additions (SRI and Piggyback ECU) add to the fun factor, and really, isn't that one of the main reasons we bought this exclusive car? If we wanted the norm, we'd have gotten an Accord, but we didn't, 'cause WE aren't the norm. Bottom line is this car could really use a turbo, but the Road Race parts I installed has definitely helped the Kizashi's cause, and in my opinion, they were worth the cost. Think about how much a dealer would charge for parts if they were available there--I find this the best way o keep things in perspective.

Next I plan on applying my bumper blackout strip. After that, I'd still like to try the light-weight pulley . It just seem to me that the lighter weight will provide less resistence, save some HP normally lost to power the stock pulley, and maybe even allow the engine to work less hard at normal cruising speeds--just a hope on my part... maybe someone in the know can chime in on that and tell me if that's possible.

Thanks for reading,

AFREaKA.Man
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
albertli11

Great job mate! very detail opinion, help lots for my planning.

found RRM has the CVT Cooler & Catback Exhaust? Interested?

True enough, Kizashi is not a fast car afterall.

Hows ur back doing?
2010 Kizashi Sport AWD
Snow White
AFREaKA.Man

Actually, yes, I'm interested in possibly getting the Catback exhaust as well, but I'll have to see what I can do. I'm not sure about getting the cvt intercooler--both the pulley and the intercooler will require getting a mechanic to install them for me, so that would be an added cost. My back's not well at all and I'm scheduled for surgery on the 10th. I dread thinking about how much money that's going to end up costing me. It's already been expensive enough with all of the preliminary procedures I've had done... and to think I could've just put that hard earned cash into my car. :-(
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU