RRM Short Ram Intake and RRM Piggyback ECU Order Placed!

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
AFREaKA.Man

Hey everyone,

I'm new here to Kizashi Club and I'm super excited about owning a 2011 Kizashi Sport GTS AWD and adding Road Race Motorsports' SRI and Piggyback ECU. I just placed my order, so it should ship out some time next week. I'll be sure to post up my thoughts on the upgrades once I'm able to install them--they might take a little while to install 'cause I've got a bad back, don't have an inside garage, live in Pennsylvania--which is to say that it's currently colder than a witch's tit outside and I'll be hoping for a semi-warm spell to install the parts. After I "play around" with those upgrades, I'm planning on getting the RRM power pulley--although I might just have my local garage install that one for me. If I'm excited 'bout all of that, I'll set my sights on a catback system to round it all out. Be sure to check back for my updates... I'm hoping my roll of the dice pays off... not gonna lie, I felt skeptical 'bout RRM after seeing their Youtube ECU review get cut off right when their own guy started to give his impression, but after talking directly with Rob (CEO of RRM) I felt that he's geniune and really believes in his products. So, stay tuned...

AFREaKA.Man
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
gmoney91

I, too, am from PA. I'm attempting to put on my SRI this weekend. A detached garage is what I'm working with. The electric heater will be on full blast.
AFREaKA.Man

Nice! What part of PA? One really cool thing 'bout the Kizashi is it's like an exotic--there just aren't that many of 'em out there... I've only ever seen (besides the dealership) one other on the road. So, it's like we're all part of an exclusive club...Club Awesome! LOL ;-) Anyway, let me know how the install goes and what your impressions are of the sri is (sound, performance, ect.). Thanks for posting, bro!
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
ROCK

They are are a rare car but a great car. We talk to so many guys on the phone and with that, they all say they love the car. We do too. We just know they benefit so much from a little refinement in the area of engine performane, suspension and brakes. Make sure you tell us about your stuff when you get it.

ROAD/RACE
AFREaKA.Man

Will do, Rock. Can't wait to get the items and am hoping that I can get 'em installed soon.
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
gmoney91

AFREaKA.Man wrote:Nice! What part of PA? One really cool thing 'bout the Kizashi is it's like an exotic--there just aren't that many of 'em out there... I've only ever seen (besides the dealership) one other on the road. So, it's like we're all part of an exclusive club...Club Awesome! LOL ;-) Anyway, let me know how the install goes and what your impressions are of the sri is (sound, performance, ect.). Thanks for posting, bro!
I'm from Pittsburgh (South Park). That's what I like about my Kizashi, too. I've only seen 4 other ones on the road before. I had someone pull up in the lane next to me, and he was wondering kind of car it was. I told him it was a Suzuki, and he said, "Oh woah, I thought it was a Lexus or a BMW.

So, I did start the install for the SRI. Fairly easy. As I was finishing everything up, I realized they didn't send me the rubber hose that goes into plug that you take out of the stock intake. Luckily, I at least had a water hose laying around to hook up in the mean time. The hose was too big, but I was able to clamp it down. I called RRM to let them know I didn't have the hose. So hopefully, I get that soon because the check engine light came on the next day. I want to wait until I get that hose to figure out why the check engine light came on to see if that's the problem. Everything else looks fine to me. So, I don't know.
AFREaKA.Man

Cool, that sux about the hose, but I'm sure you'll get it soon and I'm guessing that's what's causing the check engine light too. Keep me posted, bro! Btw, do you have the cvt or manual?
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
gmoney91

cvt
AFREaKA.Man

gmoney91,

Cool. So hey, assuming you were able to install the sri, what are your thoughts? Based on the Youtube video, I'm assuming the snarl (engine note) is improved, but what about more power and/or fuel economy?

AFREaKA.Man
AFREaKA.Man
Platinum Silver Metallic

RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
gmoney91

AFREaKA.Man wrote:gmoney91,

Cool. So hey, assuming you were able to install the sri, what are your thoughts? Based on the Youtube video, I'm assuming the snarl (engine note) is improved, but what about more power and/or fuel economy?

AFREaKA.Man
Engine note sounds much better. You can feel a slight difference in power, mostly in responsiveness. The fuel economy has stayed the same. In theory, it's supposed to improve your fuel economy. Though maybe since I've had it installed, I've been punching on the gas more trying to test it out.