RRM SRI or K&N Air Filter

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
albertli11

Jus got my Kizashi sport (thats how they call GTS in australia), thinking of improving the power a bit, seems the SRI dun get much power gain from some of the member comments, jus wonder if i should jus upgrate to a K&N air filters?
2010 Kizashi Sport AWD
Snow White
AFREaKA.Man

Well, I can tell you first hand (cause I have one installed) that the K&N filter doesn't do much...you can notice a very slight increase in power but it's not a lot. I just received my RRM SRI and Piggyback ECU this past week and I am hoping to install them tomorrow. It's supposed to be nice enough weather to allow me to do it, but I have a bad back (scheduled for surgery) so it'll depend on how my back is doing tomorrow as to whether or not I get around to it. Anyway, point being, I'll post my opinions in my thread under DYI. Please check there over the next few days.
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley
albertli11

Thx man, u take care, n good luck for the surgery, look forward to ur opinion.

(btw the ECU affect the factory warranty right?)
2010 Kizashi Sport AWD
Snow White
AFREaKA.Man

Thanks, bro. Regarding the warranty issue, my understanding is that the dealer would have to prove that the piggyback ecu caused the issue that you're trying to have fixed. Is it a risk? Yeah, but I've decided to take it. I wrote up a review of my impressions-I was able to get the install done on Sunday-it's under my post if you wanna take a read.
AFREaKA.Man
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS AWD
Platinum Silver Metallic

Suzuki Roof Rack (by Whisbar)
Suzuki Sunroof Wind Deflector
RRM Short Ram Intake
RRM Piggyback ECU
RRM Carbon Fiber Bumper Cap
RRM Lightweight Power Pulley