daytime running lughts in canada

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
vanclot

Hi i was just wondering if anyone has changed the day time running lightson their kizashi. I have a canadian sport model and the day time running light is a dimmed high beam light. I installed my hid system on the weekend and when the running light is on next to the hid it doesnt look to good any suggestions. I was thinking of changing it with a h7 led bulb. Would this work. Any info is appreciated
ale3to

like you i put hid on the low beam and then change the high beam to piaa violet bulbs
during the day they look lightblue
any way i almost or never use the high beam so i do not worry about the ugly violet when using the high beam
vanclot

Thanks. I purchased some phillips diamond vision bulbs. Just waiting for them so i can put them in. That way i still have usable hibeams and not have that dull yellow look compared to the hids
~tc~

If your DRL are still hooked up, you're going to burn out those expensive bulbs VERY quickly - they don't like being run at those low voltages
2011 Sport SLS with nav Black Pearl Metallic
vanclot

Thanks for the info ill have to watch out for that. Ill use those bulbs until i figure out another way . The yellow tint just drives me nuts next to the hid. Thanks everyone for your info greatly appreciated.
ale3to

what yellow do you mean?
the turn signal
uforaverwill

I replaced my high beams with led bulbs and they are now my DRL's, which I think look awesome. I will take a picture of it one day and post it for you.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
babacu

Please do. A link to where you got the LEDs from would also be appreciated. Thx.
uforaverwill

babacu wrote:Please do. A link to where you got the LEDs from would also be appreciated. Thx.

Just posted the pics. Check them out.
2010 Kizashi SE
Platinum Silver
vanclot

Got all the lights changed. Hid's are in. Whiter coloured high beam day time running lights and led Bulb replaced under the highbeam light. I will post pics once i get back from my 5 day getaway to mexico. Or if i have spare time in the hotel room ill try to figure out how to upload the pics.