Hi all! New member :)

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
KlutzNinja

Agreed on the safety; although Suzuki wasn’t really known for safe cars, it was ahead of the curve with the Kizashi. It aced the driver’s side small front-overlap crash test by the Institute for Highway Safety that at the time most other cars in the mainstream (and even some luxury) classes were struggling with, if not failing (even large cars like the Lincoln MKS; you have to look up the video of its crash test because you won’t believe how badly it takes the impact). This crash test simulated a scenario that claims 25% of all crash victims’ lives, reportedly. Most cars are acing it today after taking a generation or two to get it down, but it’s pretty remarkable Suzuki got it from the start. Oddly enough, trucks have struggled about as much as any class to pass this test.

I’m curious to see how the Kizashi would fare in the passenger side version of the test, which was recently introduced. A lot of cars that did well on the driver’s side did poorly on the passenger’s side at first, including at least one Subaru, which is surprising. It’s showing the automakers cut some safety corners.
The IIHS also tests for headlights and the Kizashi would surely fail that; the standard halogen projectors are very dim, I’ve come to notice. Only a tad brighter than halogen reflectors found on most cars from the Kizashi’s time.

I will admit that the A-pillars are a little on the thick side, which probably helps maintain cabin structural integrity in these frontal crashes. Newer cars that are now passing these crash tests likely use thinner applications of stronger steel.
Anyway, the A-pillar is a bit of a challenge at first but you’ll learn to deal with it and it’ll probably make you a better and more alert driver in the long-run.

Sorry for the ramble; I’ve spent a LOT of time on the IIHS site and YouTube channel. :oops:
Current: Blue 2018 Mazda 3 GT 5-Door
Previous: Blue 2010 Ford Focus SES,
Black 2013 Kizashi Sport GTS-L (CVT; FWD)(RIP)