New guy

Introduce yourself here, also we will post links to topics we find the most valuable on the forum to help out new members.
Cantab

I spoke to my local dealer today and it seems their diagnosis needs further investigation, part of the original broken bracket was left behind which is what they saw and the fact the box was 'flexing' led to their conclusion, they made further enquiries with another service manager who had their wives clutch bracket replaced and they noted also the box is flexing with the updated parts, her updated box is black mine is grey, also the bracket is now mounted to a point on the steering column, the other manager said his wives car was a GLX model and was easy to see the new mounted postion from beneath but mine is a LTD model with a knee airbag which needs removing to see.....so my local service manager has asked me to come back next week and he will personally remove the knee airbag etc while im there so we can both see whats what, i will take pics and post then.

At this stage it appears the bracket location is the problem and probably a weld to, im a bit concerned that the box is flexing with the updated bracket,
seen a pic around this site i think showing a really different set up between the LHD & RHDs.
Cantab

Took the car in today and can confirm new bracket and box fitted, service manager showed me the new re located bracket, pedal box still flexes tho and the service manager wasnt that impressed at all with that.
Attachments
Inked20210525_153529_LI.jpg
l2 inked.jpg
Cantab

So my Suzuki replacement pedal bracket/box has failed.... spot welds coming apart and fractures :x the main support bracket thats attached to the steering column was bending more and more till pedal was only working while fully depressed to the carpet , bracket removed and significantly strengthened by a Suzuki mechanic. Now feels soooo good changing gear and have full pedal stroke , pedal travel when releasing is about halfway up.
Attachments
Picture 7.png
Picture 6.png
Picture 5.png
Picture 4.png
Picture 3.png
Picture 2.png
Picture 1.png