'10 NYIAS Preview: Suzuki Kizashi V6 Set for Big Apple Debut

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
vwoom

According to Autoguide.com, word is that the Kizashi V6 would be unveiled at the NY International Auto Show (April 2-11, 2010)...as expected (from Kizashi V6 "chassis verification" articles in the intewebs), power would be north of 250hp (260hp?) with AWD.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2010 ... debut.html

Ditto on WindingRoad.com (List: 10 Cars To Watch At The 2010 NYIAS) and LeftLaneNews.com for the Kizashi V6 NYIAS intro:

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/lis ... to-show/#8

http://www.leftlanenews.com/v6-powered- ... -show.html

----
X-sing fingers for a manual V6 AWD option...
Senegal

as far as I know the V6 is sourced from GM. With all the respect I rather stick with my 4 cylinder engine.
Moto
Site Admin

The original V6 may have been, but all ties between Suzuki and GM have been cut so it is highly unlikely that the engine in the V6 is GM sourced.
Senegal

well, given that they started working on a V6 in October or so, and it was sourced from GM then, I highly doubt it would be any different.

Every production V6 they showed had a GM engine.

I don't think Suzuki has ever had a V6 of their own.

Their first mid-size sedan took them 4 years to build, and they nailed it.

But, I highly doubt, they were able to develop a V6 on their own in matter of 5 months.

I hope it's their own, otherwise to offer a 7yr/100k warranty on a GM engine could be a setup for failure, unless it's just GM design and Suzuki built.
Moto
Site Admin

It is possible they already have some access to VW as a source of engines. If they don't yet they certainly will in the future. I know they had working prototypes of the car in October or November because a handful of reviewers got to drive the V6 version long before the car was released(certainly GM sourced). Information about the V6 got quiet when the GM sold off the rest of its Suzuki share.

Personally I think they may just be better off adding a small turbo. I wouldn't expect it to be a wrx, but a little extra power would help the car stand out as a "sport sedan"

It would be even more cool to see a TDI version of the Kizashi hit the market.
vwoom

With VW on board, I'd like to see Suzuki shoe-horn a space saving and lighter narrow angle VR6 on the Kizashi...a possible candidate I see would be the non-DI 3.2 VR6 (still in production) from the Audi TT and Golf Mk5 R32 (247hp), Transporter T5 and the outgoing Touareg 2....and possibly massaged further by Suzuki (akin to the 2.4 hp bump) to reach north of 250hp (260hp?) as rumored.

Yeah..a TDI would be nice on the Kizashi. Surely that will be my next ride.
tuffsoul

Hey guys new member in love with these cars already and do not even own one yet...when is the 6 cylinder slated to hit US markets? Or is there not a date set? ...Thinking GTS with the paddle shifters and all wheel drive. Car seems to handle like a dream but the horsepower and 0-60 times are a little grim..(9.3 when using paddles on edmunds yikes) stock jetta will smoke that....anywas any insight or feedback would be great....
TheHolyGhost

The VW VR6 is a great engine. I'd love to see that in a Kizashi.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Moto
Site Admin

They are currently polling to see what engine options to offer. There is no set date, but I think they may go for a turbo 4 over a V6. Only time will tell.