What Suzuki Content Do YOU Want?

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
aaronw

Greetings Kizashi Club Community!

My name is Aaron Wirtz, and I'm the Social Media Manager at Suzuki of Wichita, the #1 Suzuki Auto Dealership in the US for 3 years and counting. I'm interested in starting a dialogue with you, the people who have found one another to discuss the vehicles you're passionate about.

I'll cut right to the chase--What sort of content would you like to see? We'll be doing walkarounds of the 2013 models, so are there any questions that you'd like us to address or areas that you'd like us to focus specifically on? I'm very open to suggestions. Also, would anyone be interested in a video chat using the Google+ Hangout feature that allows up to 9 people to chat at one time? We could set it up on an iPad and I could take you inside of any vehicle you choose.

This isn't an idle offer. Comment back on here, shoot me an email at [email protected] or give me a call at 1-888-559-4277 and let's talk!

I understand that information about the brand isn't always as forthcoming as we'd like. Help me change that.

Cheers,

Aaron (that's me in the video below)

[youtube][/youtube]
lookin

well what i would like to know is what is suzuki stance on all the rumors about them leaving the us...im not sure if you would know though,,,,but suzuki should issue a statement at least because the rumors arent gonna help sales
aaronw

Thanks for the response! I can't speak on behalf of Suzuki corporate, but we've received assurance that the company is healthy and isn't going anywhere. We sold 130 new Suzukis in June alone (see http://www.suzukiofwichita.com/blog/car ... ssal-gram/ ), so all of those rumors kind of bounce off us here. ;)
Moto
Site Admin

You probably need to do an episode on the SJ413/Samurai in the Top Gear Bolivia Special. I don't think you'll be able to interview one of those on your lot though...
kizashi_VA

That's a funny video. Too bad I don't live in Wichita. Anyway it will be great you guys showing all the 2013 models. I guess you can focus on what's new compare to the 2012 models. I personally want to see what the Grand Vitara in and out looks like, so far I can only find pic online, no videos.
aaronw

Moto-- Haha, yeah, probably not.

kizashi_VA-- You got it! I've seen a few pics myself, but no videos, either.

Would anyone be interested in a Google video hangout to take a look at a vehicle, or would you just rather watch a video of a car presentation?
WESHOOT2

-Pictures, lotsa pictures, up close, is nice.
--Specifications, specific info, is nice.
---Technical info, specific info, is demanded. By me.
----Thank you.
aaronw

WESHOOT2: Sounds good!

I've heard some exciting news about new colors that will be available for the 2013s, but the info is still trickling in.

Thanks for the responses!
wndrwgn

I can't speak from the position of a Suzuki owner, as I am considering a Kizashi as a new car in the coming months. What I can say, as a current Subaru customer, Suzuki is lacking in their attention to consumers via social media. I understand from my research that a lot of that budget was cut, but Subaru always helps me feel 'connected' to their brand.

Looking forward to test-driving the 2012 Kizashi AWD here in NH!
KuroNekko

Suzuki really needs to step up with marketing and letting people know about their products. It's like their attitude is, "we don't really care" as of now. Even their aggressive financing deals don't seem to help sales because people don't know or care about the product. Who cares what the deal is if the product is invisible.
I only got interested in the Kizashi because I'm a car enthusiast who also a) previously owned a Suzuki, b) lived in Japan and knows the brand's presence in Japan, and c) went out of my way to learn and research about the car.
Most consumers aren't going to really follow a car and the automotive press when they make a purchase. They will see ads and then get interested if it looks stylish. Look how popular the Hyundai Sonata is now. Several years ago everyone thought Hyundais were crap. With good marketing and a stylish redesign, the brand of the rather bland Sonata is now poised to dethrone Honda.

Suzuki has suffered from disastrous management at GM as they rebadged junk Daewoos as Suzukis. They basically ruined the brand's reputation and most people think Suzukis are crappy cheap cars now. Worst of all, Suzuki didn't seem to care.
Suzuki has also dropped the ball with probably their best car; the Swift. It's raved about in the markets it's offered in, yet it's a no-show in the US.
With cars like the mini, fiat 500, yaris, fit, versa, fiesta, etc. all in the US now, why is one of the best in that segment not even available!?
Suzuki in Japan is known as a brand that specializes in Kei-sha or ultra sub-compact cars. These cars practically have motorcycle-sized engines and don't meet US specs. Suzuki is also very popular in places like India, where smaller, cheaper cars are in high demand.
Suzuki needs to make a better effort in letting the world know it's made a highly competitive midsize, yet is still the King of the sub-compact.
Time seems to be running out for Suzuki. There are auto blogs that have titles like "Suzuki DeathWatch" that snicker at the ways Suzuki is struggling in the US and poised for an exodus.
Suzuki has the products. They need to get the Swift here and TELL PEOPLE about it. They need to have people know that the Kizashi exists and it's probably better than whatever bland "appliance" midsize they have on their shopping list.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)