Suzuki America Exits Car Business And Local Dealers React

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
newworld2004

2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
chazyouwin

This article mentions the possibility of another distributor taking up the Suzuki importing. That is the first thing that came to my mind as well. Perhaps a few of the better dealerships even can band together and set up a distributor.
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
KuroNekko

Hopefully Suzuki can come back, but after reading a bit on Truth About Cars regarding the whole situation, sounds like Suzuki Corp of Japan has a lot to blame on Suzuki of America's demise. Sounds like the Japanese execs were dictating how things went rather than listening to the Americans on what they needed based on things here. The blog articles actually have a number of Suzuki of America insiders who were in contact with the blog authors regarding the situation from a while back.
Unlike Maruti/Suzuki of India who are so big and successful and get to tell Japanese execs what to do, Suzuki in Japan seemed rather apathetic to Suzuki of America's needs. With no manufacturing in the US, Suzuki of America had very little say over the cars imported and sold. The lack of the Swift coming to the US is evidence of that. (If I was a Japanese Suzuki exec, I would have brought the Swift and Swift Sport to the US and the Kizashi a bit later.)

I hope Suzuki in Japan learns their lesson from their failure in the US, especially because the Kizashi is really not fit for many other markets and will probably not sell too well globally. The US was a good market for them, but with no brand recognition, the new car was doomed to be ignored in such a competitive and overcrowded segment.
The Swift would have faired much better with its lower price, international acclaim, and even some prior recognition by Americans. It's pretty much the Japanese Mini Cooper. Opportunities missed.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
NiteRider

I talked to Steve, owner of those dealerships in your article. He said he was blindsided by this. I don't know why since I expressed my concern about American Suzuki pulling out back in March before I bought the car. He said he's going to increase his pre-owned inventory to 100 cars, currently it was at 60. He's also looking into picking up another brand which means I'll still have a dealership to take my car into for repairs. He owns both the State College and Altoona Dealership which have been highly successful in the area. The guys that work there are really good guys and treat you well.

I saw in another article where they are honoring all buyback agreements. I'll have to look at my paperwork a little more and see if I'm eligible. Might be a good time to sell it back if I won't lose any equity. I could then either but another Kizashi at a better deal or look elsewhere.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty