Kizashi's future in Australia murky

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
murcod

Wizzbang wrote:
With the Mazda6's, their use of complex fuel saving tech (high comp Skyactive engine, regenerative braking etc) while impressive, means that if anything were to go wrong with them, it could potentially be super expensive to repair...that's the great thing about the Kiz I think - the simplicity of its drivetrain while being a great drive at the same time.
I'm hearing you on that. There's a lot of new tech in the 6 that isn't proven- all to save a small amount of fuel. It could end up costing significantly more in repairs. Things like servicing costs could easily outweigh any fuel savings; then there's yearly costs like insurance prices too? (Not sure which is cheaper there?) Petrol is only a small part of vehicle ownership unless you travel huge distances every week.
David
murcod

Wizzbang wrote:The article does mention Suzuki are considering a local restructure for the Kiz which could see prices drop, I reckon starting at about $22k driveaway for Sports Touring and $29k for the AWD.
The prices were cut with the last model upgrade - and extra features added.

If they drop it down to that level it will be cheaper than the new SX4 replacement (see that link I posted earlier.) IMHO that isn't going to sell well as there has been a large price increase over the current model and a downgrade in engine size/ power. The new one weighs less- which compensates- but the average person won't consider that when comparing vehicles on paper.
David