Recall Code VG - spiders blocking Evap canister vent

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
avluis

Welp, I'm in the same boat as you Kuro, got that sway bar too and out of warranty but will be giving them a call today to see what parts they have and when will they be ready to service (have yet to get any mail from them).

So even out of warranty, these service recalls are still honored right? Do they charge for labor though?
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
bootymac

Recall work is free for all owners
KuroNekko

Guess who I found on my Kizashi looking to get high on gas fumes?

I need to call my local service dealer and make an appointment sometime. No doubt these spiders are in my area. I see them once in a while both in the interior and the exterior of my car.
001.JPG
001.JPG (319.14 KiB) Viewed 14451 times
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Woodie

Thank goodness we don't get them here.........

Oh wait, Rhode Island Ave is not an absolute barrier to wildlife?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
ragmopp01

I took my car into the dealer in Medford Oregon last week for this recall. I commented that it was probably a waste of time in our area. Wrong! The dealer stated that he had seen damage (and spiders on some KIA models he sells. And even one on a Kizashi.
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:Thank goodness we don't get them here.........

Oh wait, Rhode Island Ave is not an absolute barrier to wildlife?
Given that one of these can get blown across it just by wind, probably not.
Are you planning to get this recall fix done? If so, you going to Wheaton? That's where I'm going. They did my rear shocks and did a good job though they took an extra day if I recall correctly. Fortunately, a Metro stop is within walking distance from the dealer.
SamirD

Wow, so this is the 'spider' recall. I don't think we've gotten any notifications on it yet, but I'm going to figure out a way to maybe pour some fuel through the vent line or something of that nature to prevent needing the recall procedure. There's just waaaay too many details in the recall and torque specs for anyone to get that perfectly right. That procedure is almost asking for other problem down the road caused by the recall procedure.
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:Wow, so this is the 'spider' recall. I don't think we've gotten any notifications on it yet, but I'm going to figure out a way to maybe pour some fuel through the vent line or something of that nature to prevent needing the recall procedure. There's just waaaay too many details in the recall and torque specs for anyone to get that perfectly right. That procedure is almost asking for other problem down the road caused by the recall procedure.
I haven't got it done yet. I'd like to think that I don't really need to and agree about the risk of a technician messing something up, but given that these spiders are common in my area and I plan to keep my Kizashi for a while, I think it's best to get this recall work done.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:I haven't got it done yet. I'd like to think that I don't really need to and agree about the risk of a technician messing something up, but given that these spiders are common in my area and I plan to keep my Kizashi for a while, I think it's best to get this recall work done.
In your case, I can definitely see that the risk of recall damage to be less than non-recall damage. Those spiders think of your car as a second home! :shock:
yoshi2012

he carmax dealership had this recall done for me. CarMax took it to Suzuki to have it done. This is pretty risky not having it done compared to the other Kizashi recall.