Production Specs

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Moto
Site Admin

Updated... (updated again)
Technical Specifications - 2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Wheelbase: 106.3 inches
Overall Length: 183.1 inches
Overall Width: 71.7 inches
Engine: 2.4-liter, four-cylinder, 16-valve DOHC engine
Horsepower: 185 hp @ 6,500 rpm
Torque: 170 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
Transmission, Manual: Six-speed manual transmission
Transmission, Automatic: Continuously Variable
Akebono Brakes: Front vented disc brakes and rear solid disc
brakes with Four-wheel disc brakes

EPA Fuel Economy Estimates: 21/31 manual FWD with 16-inch wheels
20/29 manual FWD with 17/18-inch wheels
~Kizashi manual 0-60 mph: 7.5 seconds
23/31 CVT FWD with 16-inch wheels
23/30 CVT FWD with 17/18-inch wheels
~Kizashi CVT 0-60 mph: 8.3 seconds
23/30 CVT AWD with 16-inch wheels
22/29 CVT AWD with 17/18-inch wheels
~Kizashi CVT AWD 0-60 mph: 8.? seconds (Haven't seen anything I trust.)

Steering
Rack and Pinion

Other Features:
Four wheel independent suspension
Cruise Control
Fog Lamps

Interior:
Dual-Zone automatic climate control
Keyless security, trunk release and door locks
Keyless Start (push button) [likely similar to GMs system]
Projector Beam Headlamps
USB for audio (Charger and play MP3)
Power Windows
Power Seats (10 way 3 person memory) [only avalible on top 2 tim levels]
Power Locks
Tilt/Telescoping Steering
Leather Wrapped Steering wheel, Shifter and E-brake [maybe not all trim levels]
Windshield wiper rain sensor

Safety
8 air bags
ABS
Stability Control
Traction Control

Options:
All-Wheel –Drive [Trim levels?]
425 watt Rockford Fosgate 10 speaker audio system
Steering wheel audio controls on GTS & SLS trim level
Moon Roof
Heated seats and mirrors
Reverse parking sensor

Please note that some of these are likely going to change and this is a good educated guess from the information available.

Found this page after the updated. Basically identical and easier to read. My engine power doesn't agree with theirs, but may they are right.. (I hope they are)

All this information is out now, but I'll fix it later
Moto
Site Admin

Engine
It was stated early on that the 2.4-liter “high-output” four-cylinder engine would be “class-leading” or “close to class-leading” among naturally aspirated four-cylinder competitors. So what does that mean? well
It should slot the horse power somewhere between 185 to 205hp, but it will be interesting to see since Suzuki’s other 2.4 L engines only produce about 160-170hp. It is quite possible that they managed to squeeze out an additional 20-30 horse power with variable valve timing and improved build materials. Suposedly Suzuki benchmarked the car aginst VW Passat, Acura TSX, and Alfa Romeo 159 for performance, and all of those cars produce about 200-210 hp so it will be interesting see if the Kizashi is even close.
Personally I would like to see it push at least 230, but that probably isn’t possible without a turbo.
It would be nice to see Suzuki Produce a car that would give a WRX a run for its money. I expect the price diference in such a car could but more than 5k. With the proper turbo in the SX4 it was almost posible so hopfuly this car will be able to do it.
We will see how long it takes Road Race motor sports to start producing kits for the Kizashi.

Transmision and AWD system
I have seen it posted several places that the AWD system is only available with the CVT transmission, but I don't really think that is going to be the case. It sounds like they modified the SX4 AWD system for this car so it wouldn't make any sense for it to not be compatible with the manual gear box.

If anyone knows for sure I would like to hear. There is no mention of the AWD system being exclusive to the CVT transmission in any of the videos I have watch or official releases by Suzuki
Moto
Site Admin

So a dealer has now posted and older spy video of the kizashi and in it he states that the car is around 180 hp. I'm going to assume that he was told this figure since he drove the car with a factory rep. So there you have it.... As expected the car is ~ 180 hp. (I'm still hoping for a little more, but he is probably right)

Source Video
[youtube][/youtube]
manualisbetter

180 horses is just too little when a Merc 1.6 blueefficient engine is already producing 150.. the suzuki engineer should rethink when many car mfgs are going for turbo/super charged with a small engine.. why not adopt the wrc technology instead of leaving it idling...
SuzukiNinja

I think we would all agree with you, but it probably has a lot more to do with having 100,000 mile warranty. They could easily make the car produce more power, but the company would go belly up if they had to repair them all the time. 180hp really isn't too bad when you look at the competition, but like Moto I'm hoping for 200+. I don't really think it will happen since that big mouth car sales man said it was going to be about 180hp... He was probably told, but maybe they lied to him.

Ford defiantly plans to embrace the turbo so maybe some of the Japanese companies will too.