V6 Option

Information regarding future changes to the Kizashi. Press releases regarding the car and motorsports related topics go here.
Moto
Site Admin

In future, the range of the Kizashi is set to expand. In 2011, besides the already announced a hybrid variant, should also get a sports version equipped with the 3.6 V6 engine with 260 HP, matched to the four-wheel drive and 6-speed sequential gearbox. Also, Suzuki is considering to market Kizashi in Europe. No one discusses the validity of the Japanese car, but you need a diesel engine to compete in the markets of the Old Continent.
http://www.hourcar.com/suzuki-kizashi-s ... 60-hp.html

I'm not sure I trust the source since they seem to be the only ones posting it, but maybe it is true.
Flyby

I don't know that I'd want a V6 in this car. Not for the 260hp quoted above. Better, imo, to put a turbocharged 2.4 in it. I know turbocharging has it's downside, mainly fuel consumption, and a bit of throttle lag (some of that fuel consumption goes towards cooling the combustion process, which is why they run rich in full boost). Also most turbos run on premium fuel, though the new Ford Taurus twin turbo V6 runs on regular. I suspect it runs with low boost, ie less than 10Psi. To me the big advantage of using a turbo on the 2.4 engine is that it may/should weigh less than a V6. Less weight up front should mean more neutral handling. Most cars have understeer for safety reasons, but too much make for a dull driving experience. I like a reasonably toss-able car, though I don't do autoX. I drive a 02 WRX. My wife drives an 05 Lexus ES330. To me her car is a snoozer. I've been hoping for a value priced car to replace my little REX, but I need AWD, and quick steering (like the 11.5:1 rack I put in my car). The Kizashi seems to fit the bill, but is down a bit on power. Does that make it a momentum car?
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)
BK20T

I'd agree a turbo 4 will be a better option than a V6 in the Kizashi for sure. With a properly sized turbo, from the factory so it lasts longer than 10K miles, it should make more torque as as much hp as a V6. The advantage is you get 4 cylinder economy while cruising around but V6 performance when you want it. You also won't add any unwanted understeer or have to make any suspension changes to deal with the extra weight.
Flyby

BK20T wrote:I'd agree a turbo 4 will be a better option than a V6 in the Kizashi for sure. With a properly sized turbo, from the factory so it lasts longer than 10K miles, it should make more torque as as much hp as a V6. The advantage is you get 4 cylinder economy while cruising around but V6 performance when you want it. You also won't add any unwanted understeer or have to make any suspension changes to deal with the extra weight.
Any thoughts on a turbo-AWD version? With a (minor?) brake tweak that would suit me. Maybe VW can help Suzuki offer a more robust AWD system to take the extra power? I don't know how much power and torque the standard on/off AWD system could take. Anyone? Even if Suzuki mimicked the MazdaSpeed3 with a turbo-4 and FWD that little bottle rocket still has enough torque steer that it's ECU is programmed to reduce power in 1st and 2nd gear hard launches. That's a 2.3 litre and 263hp, iirc. Also, why is the 6-speed only available in FWD? I'm new to thinking about Suzuki, so I don't have a clue.
Flyby out
Drive that thing or pull over! (Either common sense ain't all that common, or it ain't what it's cracked up to be)