Bumper Removal, Headlight Removal, and HID Kit Installation

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
bootymac

Take the screw to Home Depot Motorsports and find something that matches the threads
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:Take the screw to Home Depot Motorsports and find something that matches the threads
Home Depot sucks when it comes to Metric. I have better luck at small, independent hardware stores when finding Metric screws, bolts, etc.

I also once found a decent website that sold automotive fasteners like plastic clips and screws. I'll have to post on it when I find it again. I wonder if they have Suzuki parts.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
lishous23

KuroNekko wrote:
bootymac wrote:Take the screw to Home Depot Motorsports and find something that matches the threads
Home Depot sucks when it comes to Metric. I have better luck at small, independent hardware stores when finding Metric screws, bolts, etc.

I also once found a decent website that sold automotive fasteners like plastic clips and screws. I'll have to post on it when I find it again. I wonder if they have Suzuki parts.
Thanks for the responses! I too have tried Home Depot, Lowe's, and a few chain auto parts stores with no luck. I will try and find a more independent hardware store and let you know if I have any success. Thanks for the advice! :-)
krell

Call Mike at Jeff D'Ambrosio Suzuki in Frazer 610-251-0900 they got all the screws there.
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
Ronzuki

krell wrote:Call Mike at Jeff D'Ambrosio Suzuki in Frazer 610-251-0900 they got all the screws there.
yep X2...I had picked up a few of the reusable plastic pop-fasteners last time I was there. Mike's a great guy and been around zuk parts along time.

Other than that, as was mentioned, most smaller hardware stores (True Value and ACE types) usually have a nice selection.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

krell wrote:Call Mike at Jeff D'Ambrosio Suzuki in Frazer 610-251-0900 for a good screwing
Fixed
Ronzuki

What's that supposed to mean??
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
aa134

Thanks, Nice tutorial!
KuroNekko

KuroNekko wrote:
lishous23 wrote:Again... awesome info for owners... much appreciated.

We're getting good at the headlight replacement (thanks to all the great instructions on this board)... but this time around, two of the screws underneath the center of the bumper are rusted to the point where I will need to "drill" them out. Problem is, I'm having a hard time finding replacement screws. Any insight about the size of screws to replace?

Thanks so much!
I don't have info on the screws but I too need to replace one that is missing. I plan to look into it and post info if/when I find it.
Update:
Suitable screws can be found at Autozone in a pack of 8 or 10. They work great and come in various lengths.
KuroNekko

Note:
There is a minor error in the harness description in the tutorial. The harness doesn't connect to the LH HID bulb but actually to the car's H7 connector in the LH headlight. This is how the kit is turned on and off via the car's headlight wiring. I'll edit the error at a later time.