Key fob battery type, dying symptoms, and swap instructions

Where DIYs with photos live. Please start new topics in DIY section. Completed DIYs are moved here for clutter control and quicker reference.
Trailboss

Thanks for the tip..made life easier.

I had been missing my second remote for over a year...due to depleted funds from being on workmen's comp for 10.5 months I put replacing the unit on hold. got back to work, and decided to pull the trigger on a new unit with an uncut key. On Friday I hit the "buy it now button for $103.00.
Today,I decided to wear a pair of pants to church that I hadn't worn in a year, and as I removed them from the hanger...the key fell out of the pocket. :o
The Ebay seller was pretty cool, thank God for the weekend, it hadn't shipped and he graciously sent a full refund...saved another $60.00 dealer programming, and I doubt they would cut the key too so a trip to a locksmith was also avoided..whew.
SamirD

Looks like you got a little bit of luck thrown your way. 8-)
KuroNekko

I just replaced my fob battery for the second time. It seems to last roughly 2 years in daily driver usage. I swap out the battery before the detection warning from the dash. When the range of the fob working as a remote drops considerably, it's a sign that the battery is weak. Given that I have an iPod speaker clock that uses the same battery as a time-keeper battery, I swap out the battery a little early and put it in the clock. The remote then regains its maximum range with the new battery.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

Just a note, don't go cheap on the battery. I've used cheap, over-seas type and they don't last. Stick with the name brands. I also find the remote very difficult to open and the slot gets really chewed up even though I use a screw driver the same width.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote:Just a note, don't go cheap on the battery. I've used cheap, over-seas type and they don't last. Stick with the name brands. I also find the remote very difficult to open and the slot gets really chewed up even though I use a screw driver the same width.
I've had the same experiences. The fob's plastic around the slot to open it is too soft.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)